General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Honda Civic vs. Subaru Impreza

Old 05-16-2009, 06:08 AM
August 2010 ROTM

Originally Posted by iFuSioN
i'd only get an Si if you're getting an 8th generation, but i would choose the subaru overall.
Huh? You're crazy...

Last edited by jwmm04; 05-26-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:46 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Originally Posted by 98hondadropped
Well..... I've owned an 03 wrx and modded it alil, the handling sux (alot of body roll) and the turbo lag is so bad I hated it, they bog down no matter what you do to it... Ive spanked 02-04 wrxs with my d16y8 civic ex with very minor mod, now I have mugen internal and such (I fly right past them on a na motor lol). wrx has a very slow 0-60 and thats were honda have alot of cars beat, then wrx has a fast 60-90 but by then we're gone... got to love the high rpms in a honda lol. oh yea hey... Any one from wisconsin here? im lookin to meet up with a few hondas for Dropfest... if you don't know what it is check it out www.dropfest.com
none of that happened, at all, ever. If you really did own a wrx and had bogging/slow 0-60 time issues, then you were definitely doin' it wrong. Stock handling isn't anything to brag about but its a whole lot better than a stock Civic.

2002-2005 Subaru Impreza WRX 0-60 = 5.7 1/4 mile = 14.4 (06+ 2.5L are even faster)

d16y8 0-60 = 8.4 1/4 = 16.7

even with "very minor mod" your y8 is not touchin even a stock WRX. Getcha mind right

Old 05-26-2009, 02:59 PM

yea with a pro driver and a 0.0 reaction time, but a person with basic driving skills those number are way lower. I go to the track all the time and wrxs with full exhaust, up-pipe down-pipe and cat-back and they are only running between 14.7 and 15.9. And my wrx had alot of body roll compared to my civic. hey man I love the wrx and im gettin another one but you cant just pull numbers off the internet wen its a pro driver is gettin those numbers. I had a green turbo on mine and yea it was fast as hell but it cost so much to mod them just for the new cobb tunning it's like what $750 $800. I'm not knockin subaru at all but wen it comes down to it civics r way cheaper to get power. but yes my civic vs a stock wrx I fly past em. stop bein a d*ck

Old 05-26-2009, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Forty04
2002-2005 Subaru Impreza WRX 0-60 = 5.7 1/4 mile = 14.4 (06+ 2.5L are even faster)

d16y8 0-60 = 8.4 1/4 = 16.7

Originally Posted by 98hondadropped
I go to the track all the time and wrxs with full exhaust, up-pipe down-pipe and cat-back and they are only running between 14.7 and 15.9.
To back up Forty:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS0gynZltiQ
^and that was the guy's wife's FIRST time at a track and it's 100% stock

No way a stock Civic (even with a few bolt-ons) will break 14's.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:52 PM

I never said stock. if its a new si and a 06 07 wrx the si will take it not by much though, it would be a good race.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:54 PM

no way that subaru is stock either. I think of bolt on as cold air and exhaust. I have way more then that and I have raced and won agaist stock wrxs. why and the hell would I lie about that? there is no reason to lie about this crap. I've done it so yes i would know!!! yes wrx's are fast but honda's can be faster with a few mod. no way a honda can keep up if the wrx has a cobb tunning acc port, hell no.

Last edited by 98hondadropped; 05-26-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:39 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

98hondadroppedonhisheadasababy

Okay, subtract the "pro-driver" mod and the wrx goes 0-60 in 6.5, and the d16y8 in 9.2. Feel any better?

I too have owned both. When I had my boosted y8, yes it would have been significantly faster than my stock wrx.

I ****ing HATE that stupid ricer mentality.... "It's better to buy a cheap piece of **** and spend $3k making it fast than to buy a nice, new, under-warranty, quick out of the box car"

Show us your mod list, and I'll show you why it sucks

Old 05-27-2009, 04:45 AM

So did you ban him or what? All the posts seem to have disappeared.

I share your opinion on that ricer mentality. It's all about preference and/or budget, neither method is better than the other (unless of course the driver of the fast-out-of-the-box car doesn't know jack about his car and then pretends to... but that's another story). Some people like to drive fast sports cars that come fast, and they can afford it, and some people want to go fast but can't afford to have it already like that so they choose to work for it. Or some people just prefer to build the car up for fun. Either way, it all works.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:53 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Honestly I see NO logical reason as to why you'd buy something cheap and dump money into making it fast.. If you can't afford to buy a quick car, than how are you going to be able to afford to fix your old, outofwarranty mobile when it breaks? Buying cheaper cars and working on them is fine, and a good learning experieince. But don't give me that bull**** about your car being "the better way to go" because it's faster than mine.

I used to think it was better or even "just as good" to build cheap cars but have seen the light. I'm sure one day you all will too.

You see a lot of it on the Subaru forums.. "Why buy an STi when you can make a WRX just as fast?" Because you're not getting the suspension, the brakes, the amenities, the beefed trans, bigger/better built motor blah blah blah blah.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:00 AM

Honestly, I don't want a warranty; everytime someone else touches my car to work on it, I get nervous that they will F' something up... i'd rather just do it myself. The amount of money I spend on maintenance is low enough to offset the cost of buying a new car with warranty. I don't want a new car; I would keep my 16 year old car over being given a brand new Civic... they can give me a paint job instead (what I would rather have).

I've enjoyed working on my car for the most part and I don't regret the cash i've dumped into it. But, after I am finished with this, I don't think I will be modding any cars as much as I have this one. If any modding is done on a car I own in the future, it will probably be purely aesthetics, because i'll buy one that already has the kind of power that I want.

Additionally, many of the parts I have replaced were my fault that they broke to begin with :P

Last edited by trustdestruction; 05-27-2009 at 05:03 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Honda Civic vs. Subaru Impreza