General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Honda Civics....headroom and the Honda Fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 07:18 PM
HCF Member
Default Honda Civics....headroom and the Honda Fit

Okay so I am a tall guy...6 foot 3.5 or so.

I got my nice 2001 civic ex coupe when I was 17 and I was ahh maybe a inch shorter than I am now.

Headroom has always been a issue and well it is just cramped in my car. I mean it is cozy and not terrible but just not so roomy.

I do pretty well with the seat all the way back as far as leg room but the people riding in the back are not so happy. Headroom is EVEN LESS in the back seat so if I ride back there I have to slump and it is very uncomfortable after a while.

I have a 2001 and I really like the looks of the 2006 and newer. So I was like maybe I can get a 2006 or newer and get more headroom but oh look at that.....

The newer civics have LESS head room in them than my car does. I am comparing coupes here....

http://www.internetautoguide.com/car...vic/index.html

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...da-civic-8.htm

Okay so well that means it would be even worse or not worth enough money to upgrade if they just lowered the seats or something to make up for the dropped roofline.

Right now I can fit my finger between my head and the roof and when I ride I kinda put my head in the moon roof. My head brushes the top all the time if I sit up straight.

I manage but I was thinking of getting something different but I really want fuel mileage. I bought the car at the time because it had good MPG and looked pretty good. It also was a Honda so I knew I would be pretty well of as far as reliability.

So then there is the FIT.

Let me say for years I have said how I do NOT like the looks of a hatchback. The rear ends are just odd...

Most cars are not beautiful anyways...but some look worse than others.

Well I am so in a debate on how much I do or do not like the Fit because overall it looks okay.

It has MORE HEAD ROOM plus more overall space than my honda civic coupe and more than the new civics and even the sedans. The thing sits up like a SUV(I prefer a SUV ANY day over a car unless it is a fast car) and looks like it would be easy to get in and out of.

If the dodge ram 2500 Diesel got 30 MPG I would just get one of those but they don't....no truck does and I am not into say the Ford ranger. Big truck or no truck...Diesel is something I would only get too.

Anyways....

Is the Fit ugly?? I get mixed reactions when I tell people and show them pictures. I saw one in person today up close and well it did not look all that bad. My car is no stunner....

Then the FIT has less HP than my civic...I wonder how slow they are going to be compared to mine which is FAST enough stock for me. It gets me around and is not supposed to outrun a V8 so I am ok with that.

I know the seating position makes up how much headroom there is. From what I see I need to just sit in the Fit and the new civic.

I so want to lean towards the fit because it looks like it could haul a ton of stuff with it's fold down seats! But a hatchback...ugly or not??

Old 10-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

hatchbacks are sexyy ftw

kthx

Old 10-28-2009, 08:48 PM
HCF Member

actually i like the fit, especially with the dealer option sports package with the lip kit