General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

honda integras?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 02:27 PM
HCF Member
Default honda integras?

ive been lookin into these cars because i like the style but there very rare and i wanted to know if any one knows of a good place to get them.are the legall in caliafornia?
because im pretty sure you have to import one over here but thats why im askin you guys thanks

Old 02-03-2007, 02:58 PM
Default RE: honda integras?

all integras are hondas, but an intergra here is made by acura, and newer ones are the rsx. there really is no real difference between the japenese version or amercian depending on what models, so importing one is useless unless its a type r or you have more money than brains.

Old 02-03-2007, 03:04 PM
HCF Member

oooo ok then, im a retard.lol

Old 02-03-2007, 03:58 PM
HCF Member

just do the JDM front end conversion and save yourself several thousands of dollars to get a true JDM honda integra federalized here in the states...

Old 02-03-2007, 04:06 PM
HCF Member

thats what i wanted to do, i just need to start saving up. my freind has everything to do it at his house, hes says we should be able to swap it in a day. but i dont know ive never swaped a motor, just helped my freind on his 85 toyota motor. we redid the bottom end. how many horses do the jdms run at

Old 02-03-2007, 04:48 PM
HCF Member

Donnie doing a JDM conversion you have to replace the whole front clip, as well as the Rad support. if i recall the conversion costs like 4k to do.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:51 PM
HCF Member

federalizing a JDM car costs upwards of 10s of thousands...

Old 02-04-2007, 12:57 PM
HCF Member

oh i know, i was just stating that the JDM front end conversion is not a cheep task. there was one guy who did it near me and it cost 8k for it when all is said and done, and the front didn't line up properly lol.

But yeah for the original poster just get yourself an Acura Integra

Old 02-04-2007, 12:57 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: knoklu

thats what i wanted to do, i just need to start saving up. my freind has everything to do it at his house, hes says we should be able to swap it in a day. but i dont know ive never swaped a motor, just helped my freind on his 85 toyota motor. we redid the bottom end. how many horses do the jdms run at

i thought you were just trying to import an actual japanese integra to the states. if all you're trying to do is a JDM engine swap, that's not much more than taking out the us engine and replacing it with a nearly identical japanese engine.

the biggest problem you'll face is the wiring harness issues, as well as possibly failing emissions testing depending on which state you live, especially california.

JDM engines have higher compression ratios which mean they put out more carbon monoxide. if this happens, you'll probably have to use the USDM ecu, get a new cat, and clean out the carbon buildup in the JDM engine. it's an expensive proposition in the least.

but if you live in a less strict state, then the swap could be pretty painless and cost effective.

btw, the JDM engines usually have 5-20 more horsepower than their american counterparts.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:58 PM
HCF Member

and one more thing, i know where you can get a JDM front end real cheap. lol.

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/di...urnPage=Search

Quick Reply: honda integras?