General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Honda or Muscle car

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Default RE: Honda or Muscle car

I used to have an Impala before I got the Civic, while not a muscle car, it was pretty nice...you can get the previous body style with the 200hp 3.8 for a few thousand dollars, and they are nice comfortable cars...

I had aGran Prix as a rental once, I think thats the 3.8 too and it was pretty tight and solid, LOL...it was a pretty nice car too...

Point is that these cars dont hold their value at all vs Hondas, and you can get a loaded 2006 Impala for the same price as base 2003 Civic or something, so its an option if you want a bigger loaded car with more power, if thats what you mean...

Or just get a japanese made Maxima those are pretty quick and have more power than the Civic...used you can anything from 1996 on and they look still look good...

Old 01-02-2008, 08:27 PM
HCF Member

if you live close to Alabama, I'll sell you my 03 civic for a good price.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:25 PM

in my opinion go with mucel look around i got my 97 camaro for 6 grand with 20k on it ive put another 10k on it in year and a half runs great and real stong and for your frist car A. you dont need more horse than a V6 muscel car will provide B. lets face it chicks dig muscel

Old 01-02-2008, 10:32 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: baker

what about 11-12sec 1/4mile civics... should they only be racing 4 cylinders? no... you shouldn't generalize and repeat everything that everyone says. sometimes i think that's all you do.
Sorry Baker I don't race I'm not a retard and that's way I think about little racers. I just build my car for shows and to have a nice car thats it.
That's your opinion and this my way of thinking. So don't judge me if you don't like the comments I leave just move on. It's very simple.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:04 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: BigNic
lets face it chicks dig muscel
...but do chicks dig dickshunary?

<edit>pun intended</edit>

Old 01-03-2008, 11:49 AM

heres the deal, and lord knows i'm going to catch flak for this. if you want to beat alot of cars on the road, get a fox body 5.0 mustang. they're cheap to find, engine rebuilt kits are inexpensive, and you'll find yourself close to 300hp with minimal work. HOWEVER, that is if all you want to do is own a fast car. the mustang will plague you with problems, be fairly anienct as far as interior styling and amenities, and the gas tank will suck the dollars right out of your wallet. if you're buying this car to be your daily driver (which i assume you are being your first) the civic is the way to go. its reliable. even a highly modified civic, if done right, will be far more reliable than a stock 5.0 stang. plus it gets great gas milage, is better build for handling, is far more comfortable and up to date, and wont make you choose between food or gas. and if later down the road you can save up enough money, you can build a civic to be faster than a mustang. or else buy a mucle car for a project but have the civic be you daily driven insurance for when the muscle car frequently breaks down.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:05 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 210stang
I was wonderin for my first car should i get a honda civic or a muscle car?
I want a car that will be fast and that would beat other people on the street
Get a motorcycle. It'll be quicker on the track than either for WAY less money, and get 25-100MPG doing it. Look at the numbers for 600-750cc sportbikes or some 250-650cc super-motos, then compare them to most "fast" cars. Airing out a dirted super-moto seems more fun and ballsy than just mashing pedals to the floor anyway.

For a first car, get a used econo-car like a Civic, Corolla, Fit, Yaris, etc.

I'd look at 5spd '00 Civic EX sedans for nice amenities like VTEC, AC, cruise, PW, PL, and sunroof, with reliability at a decent price. Some adjustable coilovers, strut braces, adjustable anti-swaybars, and 16" UHP tires will make it a scorcher through turns while still being a comfy and reliable year-round commuter that gets 30-40MPG. Try commuting a Mustang in the snow without specialized treads or spending a fortune on gas and insurance at your age. Try loading a 2dr with surfboards/snowboards/bikes for a roadtrip adventure with a few friends. Try picking up your GF's parents to go for dinner in a 2dr too. Aim for "classy", rather than "flashy". If you want to go faster as you mature your driving skills, shoot for "AMG", rather than "pimped 5.0".

Flow more air through that Civic engine when you're ready for more power at the track. Well-planned, well-driven Civics don't need much power or $$ to smoke a lot of cars at an Auto-X.

Save the real muscle-car $$ for when you have your own garage to securely park it in, and a daily-driver to take to the parts store.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:06 PM

I agree with Kommando. Might I add one more suggestion though? Hold off on the bike, unless you have a trust fund to siphon money out of. Insurance will destroy you! I bought my first bike (97 YZF 750) at 17 years of age and paid around $450 per month. Moved up to an 03 R6 at 19 and paid a little bit more. However, now that Im almost 23 with an imacculate record, I only pay $180 for full coverage on the 06 R6.

Stick with the civic, IMO. Great gas mileage, decent power, and insurance rates are much lower. Especially with a sedan. Do what the 90% of the rest of the "ricer community" does...slap on an intake, throaty exhaust and some premium wheels and you'll be set for at least a few years. Get a decent paying job and THEN buy the car of your dreams. Don't rush it.

If you take anything from this post...please, PLEASE keep racing to the track. Time and time again I have seen way too many younger adults act a fool on the streets and get themselves killed, or even worse, someone else. I for one could never forgive myself if I killed an innocent family on the road. Be responsible and do whats right.

Take care and good luck!

Old 01-06-2008, 08:30 PM

just get a shell of whatever one you like, and throw a gsr in it or something..

Old 01-06-2008, 08:49 PM
HCF Member

civic > everything haha dude get a civic join the team civics are sexy as a mf you try hard and there fast as Fudge if you get the right work done id say get bakers civic 03s ftw

Quick Reply: Honda or Muscle car