General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Honda noob...dunno what to put into it

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Default Honda noob...dunno what to put into it

Ok so I have a 2002 Honda civic Ex 5speed (first car) and I know a little about cars but not alot. I want to put a little bit of money in to this car to make it faster and make it look better. Sp, here is what im thinking of so far:
1.) AEM v2 air intake - my firend has one and it sounds sick, and i here it actually helps out throttle response
2.) Exhaust system - I know im limited with the 4 door, but i do know i want to replace everything, from the headers to the tip.
3.) Rims - all the wheels ive seen so far are so expensive..im looking at 17s on like tire rack and they cost around 180 each for decent ones.
4.) Suspension - I really dont know what to do here, but i know i dont want to drop it much or ill f up my front and back on the speed bumps at school and at my driveway.

Pls help me out...i need part websites I can trust and suggestions on what brands and what kind of mods i should get...thank!

oh and right now i only work one day a week so i dont have much money comin in.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:58 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Honda noob...dunno what to put into it

um not sure if its cheap enough but it is good quality... www.andyautosport.com .they sometimes have good offers on this forum..other than looking for yourself..go to a few local car parts stores

Old 12-02-2007, 04:04 PM

did u mean anysautosport.com ?

Old 12-02-2007, 04:12 PM
HCF Member

try meganracing.com and passwordjdm.com and maybe even procivic.com

Old 12-02-2007, 09:29 PM

If you just want a little power you should do
Intake
Header
Exhaust

Three eaisest things you could do to your car.

I would get some lowering springs, I got tokiko and they kick ***, just because I like the look of lowered cars more

If you want a lot of power turbo all the way. Least thats the way I look at it

Old 12-03-2007, 04:56 AM

ok so i figured those four things would be good, but i wanna know what makes, type i should do....like for the intake i know i want AEM or injen, but for headers and exhasut im clueless. Also, for headers should i get 4-2-1 or 4-1??? thanks

Old 12-03-2007, 07:37 AM

ORIGINAL: 02ex4door

ok so i figured those four things would be good, but i wanna know what makes, type i should do....like for the intake i know i want AEM or injen, but for headers and exhasut im clueless. Also, for headers should i get 4-2-1 or 4-1??? thanks
There is a whole sub forum about I/H/E
Go to that

Old 12-03-2007, 11:23 AM
HCF Member

Yeah, go read the stickies in the I/H/E part of the forum. It'll help alot, regarding that. Also.. You got a 2002 Civic EX, so you have a D17 engine (I got a 2001 Civic LX, so I got the same thing more or less). If you want serious power, you're going to have to swap your engine out for a K series engine. They're alot better, but they're a bit pricey. Also, you COULD turbo a D17, but.. Most people think its a waste, since the D17 wasn't meant for serious power. But, just research around, and i'm sure alot of people will tell you similar things as to what I am.

I'm getting a AEM V2 Intake, 4-1 DC Sports/Megan Racing header, and probably a GReedy SP2 exhaust. Since I have a LX, I have to convert it to a EX setup, which'll be a pain in the *** >_>.

I hope this has helped. Also, check some of the vendors/sponsors for HCF, they are pretty good as far as parts go. Good luck.