General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

horse power

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 04:04 AM

Hey guys thanks for all the help but for information purposes,,,I hav the d15b3 stage I turboed it wit a t 27 turbo and I used a apexiVAFC to tune I did extensive wrk on the suspension all of which waz MUGEN and my exhaust front to back is kakimoto....and Ihav finally gotton a 5 fwd lsd gearbox with full ACT copper clutch and pressure plate... Wen dynoed I got 217WHP is that bad or is that a good start? Any guys from trinidad

Old 04-20-2009, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Also, underdrive pulleys are not recommended because D series cranks aren't balanced and the harmonic balancer in the stock pulley is what keeps your crank from wobbling and developing crank walk. Without the harmonic balancer you can destroy your engine.
Did not know that. Now I know to stay away from that stuff.

Originally Posted by trini_sir
I hav the d15b3 stage I turboed it wit a t 27 turbo and I used a apexiVAFC to tune I did extensive wrk on the suspension all of which waz MUGEN and my exhaust front to back is kakimoto....and Ihav finally gotton a 5 fwd lsd gearbox with full ACT copper clutch and pressure plate... Wen dynoed I got 217WHP is that bad or is that a good start? Any guys from trinidad
I think that's pretty good (217 whp). How many lbs. of boost are you running? I am not a huge fan of the VAFC, but hey, what ever works for you will be fine.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 04-20-2009 at 04:46 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:50 PM

Hey guys thanks for all the help but for information purposes,,,I hav the d15b3 stage I turboed it wit a t 27 turbo and I used a apexiVAFC to tune I did extensive wrk on the suspension all of which waz MUGEN and my exhaust front to back is kakimoto....and Ihav finally gotton a 5 fwd lsd gearbox with full ACT copper clutch and pressure plate... Wen dynoed I got 217WHP is that bad or is that a good start? Any guys from trinidad
VAFC's suck. Who did the tuning?

Also, I don't believe you. There's no way you planned that, bought and received all the parts, installed all of the parts, and got a tune all in the span of 5 days.

Post pics of your car on the dyno and a dyno chart and we'll believe you.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 04-20-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by intenseneal
The three stage Vtec is a fuel ecomomy Vtec. Also know as VtecE it is form on the d16y5 and the d15z1. This motor is not tuneable for proformance due to the lean burn tune on the ECU. You can put an intake exhaust and header(may need a cat and 02 extentions) and I think you install underdrive pullies. This is about all you can do to these motors. Dont expect to see great hp gain maybe 10-15 at the wheels.
What exactly is a "lean burn tune" on the ECU?

Old 04-20-2009, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by CivicJunkie
What exactly is a "lean burn tune" on the ECU?
the computer is programmed to run the engine as lean on fuel as safely possible to conserve gas

Old 04-20-2009, 04:09 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Hes just super fast. He got all the parts locally, installed them all in an hour, and then tuned and dyno'd the next day. LOL

Old 04-20-2009, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
the computer is programmed to run the engine as lean on fuel as safely possible to conserve gas
oh wow i could have figured that out hahah thanks.

so if i got the ecu flashed it would get rid of this fuel restriction, correct?

Old 04-21-2009, 08:31 AM

hmm i did not say i did it over 5 days wen i joined this forum that waz my first question to sorta break the ice and test the knowledge of the people which i must say alot of people lack.....my car took somewat a period of 5 months to complete and vafc's rock if u have not realised that by now u should try reading and learn to use it or change your tunner... mr trustdestruction i will post some pics soon ....but u guys shud stop hating and try helping each other cuz if u have not realised nissan sr20 is much more affordable and easier to tune ....so we are loosing most of our die hard honda people to nissan.....oh and its 12lbs of boost i knw the recommended amount for a sohc is 9 but we are still testing......anyone knows wat brand of forged internals is value for money...

Old 04-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Angry Admin

hmm i did not say i did it over 5 days wen i joined this forum that waz my first question to sorta break the ice and test the knowledge of the people which i must say alot of people lack.....my car took somewat a period of 5 months to complete and vafc's rock if u have not realised that by now u should try reading and learn to use it or change your tunner... mr trustdestruction i will post some pics soon ....but u guys shud stop hating and try helping each other cuz if u have not realised nissan sr20 is much more affordable and easier to tune ....so we are loosing most of our die hard honda people to nissan.....oh and its 12lbs of boost i knw the recommended amount for a sohc is 9 but we are still testing......anyone knows wat brand of forged internals is value for money...
and you fail

how many lbs of boost means nothing... if you knew as much as you say you do then you would know that

Old 04-21-2009, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by jprommel
and you fail

how many lbs of boost means nothing... if you knew as much as you say you do then you would know that
Excuse me, I was the one who asked him that question. (how many lbs. of boost) It's not like he randomly came out and said it.

Why are we trying to bash a new comer when we don't even know where he came from and what knowledge he has?

Trini, trustdestruction was not trying to deter you from a vafc, his opinions are his, and yours are yours. I prefer Hondata, just because you are able to do so much more with it! It's just a matter of preference.

Quick Reply: horse power