We're adding and testing new features:  Create your Garage, used it? Give us some feedback here.
Honda Civic Forum Home - Honda Civic Classifieds - Civic Photo Galleries - Create an Account

Go Back   HondaCivicForum.com > General Automotive > General Civic Talk
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the HondaCivicForum.com.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 05:25 PM
HCF Member

Default How do you back out of a parking spot?

Lets say there are cars parked on both sides of you. Do you drive backwards then turn the wheel when the front of your car is about to pass the back of the parked cars? Or do you turn the wheel as soon as you start backing up? I always do the 1st option so the front of my car doesnt hit the side of the parked cars. The reason Im asking is my friend parked right next to my car and without even making sure his car wouldnt hit mine. He turned the wheel all the way and backed up real fast. I was like WATCH OUT FOR MY CAR! It looked real close to hitting it. Im just realy paranoid about people hitting my car.

Im no noob at driving. I been driving almost 5 years no accident and I drive stick. Hes been driving maybe 2 years and has had 2 accidents. I guess what Im asking is can the front of your car hit the side of someone elses car backing up using the second method? Ive never tried because I drive very carefully. Sorry if this post sounds retarded. Im just wondering how the hell he didnt hit my car doing that.

Last edited by MasterJT; 04-29-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:38 PM
HCF Member
1995 Honda Civic

i do it the first way too. i have a friend who can barely see without contacts, and he never wears them, who turns the wheel right away, im always scared when im with him cuz i think hes gonna hit the car next to him when he backs out.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Banned

if you have no regard for your car or other peoples properly you do the second one.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:43 PM
2012 Honda Civic

Anyone who does the second option is retarded. If he had been farther into the parking spot and backed out with the wheel turned already, he probably would have hit your car.

9thCivic K24 Crew #46 | FB6 Crew #3 | '12 Si FB6 Project Thread
Old 04-29-2009, 05:45 PM
HCF Member
1993 Honda Civic

Send a message via AIM to BX_Civic

Truthfully this is one of the main reasons why i always back into spots so that when i pull out its straight. Plus if for whatever reason if i need to go somewhere in a hurry im already ready.

Sitting on 15' Konig Free Falls
Little bump in the Trunk but nothing to special..
Old 04-29-2009, 05:53 PM
HCF Member
1999 Honda Civic
My Garage

first one, and backing in FTW!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Angry Admin
1997 Honda Civic

Send a message via AIM to jprommel

lol

second one dont be a dumbass and you wont hit their car know where your car is and ur fine. see it as an extension of your body.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:02 PM
HCF Member

CHA0TIC ENIGMA

Im that car that park's at the end of the parking lot far away from others..

Last edited by enigma34; 04-30-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:37 AM
HCF Member

I'd hate to see that guy back up a trailer.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX_Civic View Post
Truthfully this is one of the main reasons why i always back into spots so that when i pull out its straight. Plus if for whatever reason if i need to go somewhere in a hurry im already ready.
+1 for the backing in. And on a side note there is less chance of hitting a person or a car that might be in your blind spot while backing up. Dave
Old 05-03-2009, 03:36 PM

Tags
8th, back, backing, car, civic, garage, gen, nyc, parking, pull, rules, spot, streets, turn, wheel