General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

how hard would nitrous be on my engine?

Old 08-11-2008, 07:25 AM

yes the zex kit is the way to go, at my job i install these kits all the time in fact zex is the only kit we will install, mainly because af its safety on the motor. it comes with 55-65-75 shot now 2 problems with your car, i only suggest the wet kit to any one, but your car has a plastic tubing rubber lined fuel line. you have to chang that whole line before you splice the t-fitting, now the 2nd problem retarding the timing 55 you dont have to, 65-2deg, 75-4deg, your car has no distributor unless you fork out big bucks for stand alone ecu your stuck with only 55 shot, so in the long run it will cost a little more for turbo kit but you will make better power all the time the bottle gets more expesive the longer you own it, 45 dollors every time you refill.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:44 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Brute
Well, Think of your engine like a heart and NOS like a shot of concentrated ADRENALINE. If your heart is weak it will destroy it. If its strong it'll boost it nicely.
Nice analogy. But yea ^^ditto that.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:34 AM
HCF Member

Thats why you get a compression test, and everything to make sure your engine is still in strong condition and can withstand the Nitrous.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:02 PM

Nitrous in itself is not bad. The bad part comes when it's not installed properly and you create a lean condition. This causes detonation which kills motors. When installed properly, it can be used for years of fun, trouble free driving. When you try and push the limits of your fuel system and run too much timing, things go downhill fast. My advice to you is to get a reputable installer with a tried and true setup. Do not skimp on needed parts. This advice holds true for all makes. just my .02

Old 08-11-2008, 12:07 PM

yea the ZEX kit has some computer thing that keeps your car from running lean. i think if it can't keep it from running lean, it won't allow nitrous to be injected too.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:41 PM
HCF Member

Yeah, whats optional, but most recommend is a Nitrous Pressure and A/F Ratio gauge, its better to be safe and monitor, than sorry. And when you do your first spray, you MUST pull over after and check your plugs, to ensure everything is working properly, and your not getting too much nitrous, or too little, and so forth. Checking plugs is a key essential with running Nitrous.

If your safe and be smart about it, Nitrous will be your best friend. If your stupid and wreckless with it, it'll be your worse enemy.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:31 PM

I can't imagine running Nitrous or boost without an a/f gauge. On my truck i run an Innovate setup. f/p, n/p and a/f are the keys.