General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

how to make my civic a bit more fun?

Old 01-24-2014, 06:25 AM
Default how to make my civic a bit more fun?

i have a 95 civic i got for 250 bucks. 1.5l non vtec manual trans. is it worth doing anything to a non vtec to try to make it a little more fun? i was thinking maybe turbo and injectors.. nothing insane, this car looks like a pile. but thats why i love it. heres a pic..

Old 01-24-2014, 04:33 PM
HCF Member

Yeah, you can throw a turbo in it..... but it all depends on the mileage.

It might be cheaper to use NOS though.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:59 PM
HCF Member

start here Progress then get performance tires. tires make all the difference in the world. and paint that thing Plasti-Dip would do wonders for that thing and is extremely cheap also easy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Ta1KTrzqg#t=23

Last edited by itburnswhenIP; 01-24-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:24 PM

ohh no lol, its gotta stay orange, its been totaled 2 times. and literally has 5 different paint colors on it as of right now. i have winter tires on it for the time being, and nos isnt really something i would ever want to do because i dont race. i just want something to zip around in and be more fun for myself to drive. i have a f250 diesel and diesel is basically the only thing ive ever known. so im really new to all this honda stuff.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:26 PM

also, it already has a suspension kit on it. no idea what it is or anything, but its been lowered. its adjustable from what i can tell, but ive never messed with it. all the susp parts look fairly new. its got 157k miles.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:40 PM
HCF Member

just because it has adjustable suspension doesn't mean anything most ricers only care about being low and can care less about actual performance so they assume buy the cheapest ebay chinese crap possible.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by itburnswhenIP
just because it has adjustable suspension doesn't mean anything most ricers only care about being low and can care less about actual performance so they assume buy the cheapest ebay chinese crap possible.
Well no way in hell im going to spend 600 bucks on suspension parts in a 250 dollar car when I have a perfectly good suspension already. I am looking strictly for power. I could care less about looks or suspension stuff.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:25 PM
HCF Member

engine swap

Old 01-30-2014, 01:46 PM
HCF Member

How much money do u have to play with?

Old 01-30-2014, 06:42 PM
HCF Member

Seriously you arent gonna get major power for cheap. Id say throw your international motor in there. Or. . . a good start is short ram intake with good filter, bigger throttle body, bigger intake manifold, headers ( no cheap chrome crap ), catback exhaust and a short shifter. All of this will give you a good amount of zip and a fun experience for a little over 1000 if you shop around. If you do turbo youre looking at alot more parts than just injectors to go with it, you need turbo headers, turbo exhaust, better fuel pump, fuel rail, colder plugs then you wont be able to turn up the boost reliably until you beef up the internals. F.y.i. guys on these forums get pissy when noobs ask questions like this because its been answered so many times on here. You can message me privately if you have any questions and I can point you in the right direction. Ive wasted 10 grand on a civic before only to blow the motor a month later so ive learned the hard way whats good amd what isnt.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how to make my civic a bit more fun?