General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

How many of you have had speeding tickets?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 12:47 AM
HCF Member
Default How many of you have had speeding tickets?

i dunno if i can really ask this but im just curious how many of you have gotten tickets, and what for. i got my first speeding ticket ever 2 days ago. i usually try to drive sane on the highway and keep my speed to the empty back roads... but some of those straight stretches i cant resist the odd speed burst. damn undercover suvs! an 8 pointer ticket and i stillhave my Novice he got me forexcessive speed, unsafe lanechange and following too close...i tried to talk him into just giving me it for speeding but thatdidnt work.i will be out of driving for a bit
i could have got my class5 years ago but im lazy. hopefully i can dispute this

Old 11-23-2007, 04:52 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: How many of you have had speeding tickets?

Never try to talk you way out of a ticket. Unless youre a hot female. It just wont work you gotta act like you have done nothing wrong. "What seems to be the problem officer?" That way it looks as if you didnt know you were speeding. You probably would still get the ticket but you have a better chance of not getting the ticket then trying to persuade him to just give you the speeding ticket cause then youre saying your guilty.

But yeah Ive gotten a speeding ticket before. Honestly I didnt even know. It was about 12AM and I was driving down a hill. I was behind someone and I was just going with the flow but apparently I was going 36 in a 25 zone. I asked him what the problem was cause I had been pulled over atleast 5 times in the same spot cause my brake light wasnt working. He told me I was speeding and I told him I thought it was 35 and hes just likeno back there its 25. And Im like WTF Why did he pull me over in the 35 zone? I told him I was just driving behind that guy how could I be speeding. He told me I was going 36 and the guy in front of me was going 33. WTF that means that guy was speeding too! How the hell do I drive faster then a guy in FRONT of me?! Yeah I was pretty pissed about that.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:13 AM

Apart from a few photo radar tickets (which don't count since they don't go against my liscence) I've only ever had one cop ticket.

Last summer in my Hyundai Accent I was doing 135 in a 100 zone on the trans canada highway. Kinda stupid really. I didn't even know that car could go that fast.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:14 AM
HCF Member

I've had 2 of them. First one was going 72 in a passing lane, as i was going around somebody. They told me since the persn was going 55 (the speed limit), there was no need to pass them in the first place. Second was just not paying attention and going 70 in anohter 55. One more and i have a restricted license [&:]

Old 11-23-2007, 07:15 AM

105 in a 55 got arrested and reckless driving had a good layer supervishion for 18 mon

Old 11-23-2007, 07:26 AM
HCF Member

never had one ticket for anything.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:35 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Not sure where the OP is, but in the USA you want your day in court. Usually the judge will drop or reduce stuff if you just show up and basicaly ask for mercy. Or in some rare cases like if the cop isn't there for court you can get the whole thing dismissed.

Arguing with the cop is a bad idea. But I did get off with a warning last time by explaining that I didn't frequent the area and must not have noticed the speed limit sign. Which was true.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:06 AM
HCF Member

i have had one, 55 in a 35 going through a construction zone too but let me go without the double points. thank god considering he was a state trooper and they are COMPLETE hard asses

Old 11-23-2007, 09:12 AM
HCF Member

95 in a 55 ended up being $427 for the ticket plue like another 400 when all said and done with classes

Old 11-23-2007, 12:14 PM
HCF Member

yeah i just found out cuz my ticket is 8 points, and still being Novice driver (even though i coulda gotten rid of it years ago lol) they're gonna yank my lisence for a month or two probably. i disputed allegation so that's gonna buy me some time hopefully. im going to try and get my class 5 ASAP and when i pass that then im gonna just pay the ticket and have my lisence removed for the duration. that way i wont start fresh as a Novice and have to wait 2 more years to go for class 5.

Quick Reply: How many of you have had speeding tickets?