General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

how much is it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 05:26 AM
Default how much is it worth?

Hey, hows it goin everybody? Im tryin to sell my civic so i can buy my dads 91 accord which i am planning on dropping a jdm f22b in and doin some other fun stuff. Just wondering what i would be able to get for my car. Its a 96 dx. 150,000 miles, black exterior/ grey interior. Interior is in good shape, the body is not. It needs a new driver fender, front bumper, radiator support, headlight, and the driver door has some pretty bad dents. The car runs/drives perfect. Has 4 brand new dunlop tires on it. I have invested about 2500 just into parts. Thats all I would really want back out of it. Would i be able to get that much for it?

Last edited by midnight_96civic; 12-15-2008 at 06:23 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:21 AM

here is what i have done to it.
Centerforce stage 3 clutch
B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator
B&M short throw shifter
Accel performance spark plug wires
NGK Iridium IX spark plugs
Spectre custom CAI
APC breather filter
Megan Racing 4-2-1 header
Custom 2" header back exhaust+
RS Type muffler.
Energy Suspension shifter bushings.
Honda 14 spoke wheels.
Dunlop signature series tires.
Car also has new front and rear brakes, new battery, radiator, fuel filter, inner tie rods, 1 outer tie rod, cv boots...thats all i can think of right now

Old 12-15-2008, 10:03 AM
HCF Member

you will probably get your 2500. you can post it up on craigslist and see if people are contacting you about it or giving you offers

Old 12-15-2008, 10:15 AM
HCF Member

i sold my 97 with 198,000 miles on it, three dented doors, and a ****ed up passenger fender for 2200 so im pretty sure your gonna get your 2500.

post up some picss son

Last edited by iheartJDM; 12-15-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:03 PM

i'd have to see some pics first

and i don't feel like looking up what engine that is... so what is it??
EDIT: was talking about the accord... I misread... so nevermind

P.S. NGK iridium spark plugs don't really count as a modification... they're spark plugs! Also, the best thing for your engine is OEM NGK V-power

Old 01-01-2009, 05:44 PM

ok. thanks guys. i know the spark plugs aren't really a modification but its just somethin extra i did... lol. im not sure if i want to sell my car now or not. im thinkin i will just buy the accord when i have the money and keep my civic for fun.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:27 PM
HCF Member

put a jdm h22 in the accord. id keep the civ as a DD. then when you got the accord done then think about a motor swap in the civ. or even a MINI ME swap or some more little mods.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:31 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
i'd have to see some pics first

and i don't feel like looking up what engine that is... so what is it??
EDIT: was talking about the accord... I misread... so nevermind

P.S. NGK iridium spark plugs don't really count as a modification... they're spark plugs! Also, the best thing for your engine is OEM NGK V-power
iridiums is what b18c requires. me being a moron put OEM V power in and it ran funny(kinda weird plugs did that) well i put some bosch plat. 2s in when i put HUGE cams in and it felt slower with the cams and those plugs. then i put iridiums back in and it was pretty freakin quick again. its weird what the 3 dif plugs did.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:37 PM
HCF Member

ngks vpower are only good if you dont have any modifications what so ever, now the ngk iridiums are the best when you are doing a NA set up.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by 98gsr-turbo
iridiums is what b18c requires. me being a moron put OEM V power in and it ran funny(kinda weird plugs did that) well i put some bosch plat. 2s in when i put HUGE cams in and it felt slower with the cams and those plugs. then i put iridiums back in and it was pretty freakin quick again. its weird what the 3 dif plugs did.
Originally Posted by munkeewrench23
ngks vpower are only good if you dont have any modifications what so ever, now the ngk iridiums are the best when you are doing a NA set up.
maybe it's a b-series thing

anything i've ever heard was that OEM NGK v-power is best to use

Quick Reply: how much is it worth?