General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

i did the unthinkable!! :(

Old 08-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Default i did the unthinkable!! :(

so after long hard decision making.. and only driving my 03 ex for three months i am selling it. i am sooo sad to see it go but sooo excited for the new beast to come into my driveway.. i traded in the civic for an 02 wrx more practical for us CT drivers. and turboing my car was going to be such a pain in my behind and then even if i did turbo it it would've NEVER been a reliable car cause of all the tinkering.. i'll come back tho i wanna buy a civic beater car thanks for alllll the help

Old 08-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: i did the unthinkable!! :(

BBBOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Old 08-04-2006, 01:53 PM

[sm=boosign.gif]...o well atleast u might be getting a civic as a beater. have fun with the wrx

Old 08-04-2006, 02:07 PM
HCF Member

does anyone else notice the WRX, or not even that..but subaru is becoming really populer, on another site they had a couple guys sell there other imports for a subaru and now theres been a couple people on here, its a good car tho, my bro has one and its pretty peppy and really good in the snow (he dosent mod it)

good luck with your new car!!

Old 08-04-2006, 02:28 PM

Alittle upset with the decision but hey good luck with the wrx.

Old 08-04-2006, 02:41 PM
mxs
HCF Member

they're popular for a good reason though . . . you'll love the WRX

Old 08-04-2006, 04:22 PM
HCF Member

I prefer the lancer... the WRX looks to much like something out of hot wheels.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:25 PM

ORIGINAL: pWnEdU

I prefer the lancer... the WRX looks to much like something out of hot wheels.
You're kidding, right?

The difference is so great that you'd actually prefer one over the other based on its appearance?

Old 08-04-2006, 10:22 PM

I have to admit, I'm in the same boat (or car, as it were) as you. I've had my 03 DX since Feb., and I'm getting ready to sell it or just retire it as the "utility infielder" family car. I loved my 82 DX, but this 03 lacks...personality. Don't get me wrong, it's an honest car and I respect it, especially when I get to the fuel pump and put in 9 gallons of cheap regular after driving more than 400 miles. To tell you the truth, I've made a hobby out of seeing what kind of MPG I can get out of this thing depending on conditions, driving style, and traffic. It's been fun, in a geeky analytical sort of way. I've gotten a high of over 46 and a low of 35, driving like a maniac. But we're just not bonding, you know? The DX is more like an appliance--a refrigerator, say, or a really good chain saw.

(I also have to admit that I have NOT been pulled over once since I bought it, despite spirited Driving Smart, hence the handle "civicstealth".)

BUT, I've also been test driving a lot of cars over the past two weeks. I've driven a few C4 and C5 Corvettes, and today I test drove a 2005 Porsche 3.6 911...sweet. But of course it would be, for $72K!

I have to say I was impressed with the Porsche, but unless I take out a second mortgage I could never afford one. I'm saving money, so I'll eventually be able to outright buy something in the $10-20K range--which puts me at a newer C4 or older C5 vette. Nice cars, lots of g-forces, but I have to say that they're a bit like driving a long plastic plank. Very nice with the top down though. The plan there was to get it as a second car, and keep the DX for the daily beater driver.

SO, I went and test drove a 2004 Subaru Impreza RS, and an 05 WRX STi...woo hoo! If I bought one of these, I'd have to lose the Civic--hey, how many four-door Japanese cars can you have at once. The RS was impressive, nice, a cut above the DX (naturally). The STi was indescribable--sort of like driving an F-16 on the highway! Man, that thing wants to LAUNCH!

So, I'm still deciding. I have not driven the WRX yet. 06 Subbies are going on sale now. I'm going to get one of them, I just don't know which one, and whether I'll be able to keep the Civic.

Some things to consider:

Cons:

1. Much worse mileage, from 29 MPG for the RS down to 24 on the STi.
2. Premium gas needed for all Subbies, although the RS will take regular.
3. Insurance per year: +600 for the RS, +800 for the WRX, +1400 for the STi.
4. My wife will never want to ride in it.
5. Maintainance costs.

Pros:

1. Engine.
2. Suspension.
3. Brakes.
4. Ability to go on rough and off road. One word: Rallycross.
5. My wife will never want to drive it.
6. My kids like it.

Undecided:

1. Big hood scoop is excellent target for radar guns.
2. Big wing drives 25 year old and older women away.
3. Purchase price.

So, good luck, and may the induced force be with you. Wish me luck!

Old 08-04-2006, 10:57 PM

ORIGINAL: civicstealth

Pros:

1. Engine.
2. Suspension.
3. Brakes.
4. Ability to go on rough and off road. One word: Rallycross.
5. My wife will never want to drive it.
6. My kids like it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: i did the unthinkable!! :(