General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I do not know.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 04:25 PM
HCF Member
Default I do not know.

I am not sure what kind of car to buy as my first car. Although I know I want a civic and I dont want a sedan. So what would you guys recomend? I would prefer hatchback, but I heard that that from 98 back they dont have power windows, locks, seats, air conditioning, and I have even heard that some do not have power steering. First of all is this even true? Second of all; what would you guys recomend as a first car? Third of all; I do not want it to be a dog, and eventually I would like to supe it up. And finally; I would appreciate feedback. Thanks for your time.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24979/6666460F20784B37902093F549FBD954.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: I do not know.

well first off buy what you like the looks of....... and im preaty sure that they make several types of hatches... DX is basic and has nothing.... and the CX that i believe is loaded....
but one thing id say is look around first.... try not to just SETTLE on 1st car ya see and think is nice...
and 1st of al when looking for a car go with someone that knows cars and can spot things out..... dont just asume the seller is truthhfull!!!!!!! carfax reports are very nice! check rollback odometer, for REPORTED wrecks....
and check everything... underbody for any damages from any accident offroading...LOL anything under the hood that looks damaged... any paint that looks touched up.....
thiers so many things to look for that you will know about first off... and second if you POINT OUT EVERY spot on the car ya could very well make it ALOT easier to chew down the price its worth a shot thats for sure!!!!!!

but like any vehicle purchase now adays... think about the TOTAL COST... the car itself.... car insurance.... GAS!!!!!
gas is the main reason i bought my first honda! i loved my old truck BUT filling up that gas tank EVERY WEEK for ruffly 75bucks just to go to work that hits hard every week!!!!

the more SUPEing up ya go the less milage ya get.... but then again great gasmilage usualy is a slower car BUT its the real world with way to many vehicles on the road to be realy racing! plus street racing is very frowned out everywhere!

i think a civic would be a great first car..... very reliable, great milage, and TONS of aftermarket parts available. very practical with around 3bucks gallon of gas

Old 09-12-2007, 05:01 PM
HCF Member

wow thanks for the comment I would like to get a nice first car, and my parents should allow me to get car in the 4k range. Plus I am working and making good money, so I think Ill stretch up to 5 or 6k .I want a cool car, as does every high schoool kid, and i think that the civic is the car for me.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:12 PM
HCF Member

If you're in the 4k range, get a civic SI hatchback. they can beloaded with everything (a/c, p/s, p/l/, p/w, sunroof, p/m, cruise, air, etc.) and theyr the fastestmodel civic u can get. I drive a civic CX. It only has air, and no power steering. I love it. The thing about power options is that they need to be replaced, and they can cost a bit. Plus... I dont see the point of having power locks or windows in a 2 door car. Power steering is excellent, but not having it is better. It gives you more of a "race" feel to it, and you can feel the road better. I would love to have a sunroof though...

I support you wanting a hatchback (they look the best IMO) but if your getting one, go for 92-95. I think the 96+ hatches look ugly. EG hatch SI FTW!!!

Old 09-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Recognized HCF Member

o ya every kid wants his own cool car.... just gotta think about a plan and follow thru.
my style along with most here is clean and classy.... cause clean and classy also doesnt attract cops as much either then a cheap fiberglass body kit or bright stickers... check out the BEST RICE thread and think to yourself... do i wanna be like that.LOL

4-6K is a fairly nice range to work with.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:24 PM
HCF Member

If you want a cool car stay away from the civic, that's a everybodyasone car xD

Old 09-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Recognized HCF Member

what? ya dont think a civic can be cool? shame shame...

Old 09-12-2007, 05:33 PM
HCF Member

I'm just not the guy for a little 1.6 with a 3 inche muffler... It's not cool to me.. And that's what most civic looks like... I always laughed at civics and now I have one but I got it for 600$ ... My cool cars are volkswagens If I could choose a car right now, it would be a corrado with a VR6 8-)

Old 09-12-2007, 05:46 PM
HCF Member

If you rag on civics and dont like them, then why ar eyou not on VW corradoforums.net? (IDK if that exists but w/e) I love my civic b/c of reliability, looks, and gas mileage. And it has a stock muffler, its quiet, and a stereo that will make your legs vibrate. Not all civics are body kit, muffler, and spoiler...

Sorry to cheat on u guys... but corrados are ****ing nice. I sya go with the 1.8 scthough lol

Old 09-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: foress_89

I'm just not the guy for a little 1.6 with a 3 inche muffler... It's not cool to me..
exaust is only as stupid as you put on it.LOL

and IMO civics way beter looking than that vw... tho ive never liked VWs.... but again thats just IMO....

everyone has thier own opinions which is why you dont buy a vehicle for what people tell you to buy. shop around.....

Quick Reply: I do not know.