General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I Got SMOKED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 10:27 AM
Default I Got SMOKED!!!

Ok, so I'm not into racing but do drivevery fast.I'm actually a biker. I guess I'm a little spoiled when it comes to speed, because with my '06 GSXR 600 I can beat most cars on the road. So I was gooling around with girl who was driving a older Maxima (I know they're a 6 cyc and higher class) but I figured with my standard I should at least be able to keep up off the line...........wrong. Once her automatic car kicked into 3rd, that was it.[&o]Considering I don't race but I am accustom driving much faster vehicles (Other families car is '01 Lexus IS300), what are some small relatively cheap mods can I start off with to get a little more ump out of my '07 Civic DX-G?

[

Old 01-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Snail'n Admin
Default RE: I Got SMOKED!!!

umm next time, dont tell us how you suck at driving, just ask the question. you wont get much power out of bolt ons. go with I/H/E and then see wheere you stand

Old 01-21-2008, 10:32 AM
HCF Member

best bang for your buck: turbocharger

now go to the Nitrous, Turbo, S/C section, read the stickies and research your *** off about what would suit you best research research research!

Old 01-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Cat Fuсker

What does the 'G' stand for?

Old 01-21-2008, 11:31 AM

ORIGINAL: GReddy_Civic

umm next time, dont tell us how you suck at driving, just ask the question. you wont get much power out of bolt ons. go with I/H/E and then see wheere you stand
Wow, stupid me. I didn't know that since I "suck at driving", I shouldask amore direct question. By the way, are you saying that with a better driver; you would and should be able to beat a faster more powerful car in a straight line? You must be a GREAT driver if you can do that! All hail you.

I know the small things I can do on a bike, but I don't know if the same principals apply to cars. Do they make power commanders for cars? A few more horsepower (5-10) on the bike makes a world of difference, I don't know if that's comparable to cars.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Cat Fuсker

you won't even notice a 5-10 hp change on a car

Old 01-21-2008, 01:29 PM
HCF Member

somebody just lock this thread . . . . pointless

Old 01-21-2008, 01:42 PM
HCF Member

I would trade it in for an 07 or 08 si

Old 01-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: strictlye
Wow, stupid me. I didn't know that since I "suck at driving", I shouldask amore direct question. By the way, are you saying that with a better driver; you would and should be able to beat a faster more powerful car in a straight line? You must be a GREAT driver if you can do that! All hail you.
We really don't give much respect to street racers, nor do we care how good of a driver you are. Next time, just ask the question.

And you really shouldn't have lost to an automatic maxima. It doesn't take all that much skill to be able to beat an auto off the line, assuming the driver of the auto does not know how to launch an auto (which most people don't).

Old 01-21-2008, 01:47 PM
HCF Member

pwnd