General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

i hate...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Default RE: i hate...

i only like when they do the import cars, the muscle cars are just a regular basis on that show. so when the imports come in i pay a little more attention.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:36 PM
HCF Member

The problem with most imports that have went on that show is they beak down. I dont blame them for showing cars that will last throughout the whole show.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:12 AM
HCF Member

but just think, if they had a pink circuit, with actual turns and not just a strip, the civics would destroy therear wheel cars.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:50 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: **Alan**

did you guys see the one with the red civic coupe i dont remember the year but ya it was agianst a firebird i belive but the guy in the civic was like mentally retarded or something and didnt know how to drive .....wut a waste of a car tisk tisk tisk
i did a long time ago but didnt it have like over 500 or 600 hp and he could still only run 13s

Old 08-30-2007, 07:08 AM

ORIGINAL: thisisoriginal

but just think, if they had a pink circuit, with actual turns and not just a strip, the civics would destroy therear wheel cars.
wtf?

rwd > fwd for cornering

hands down, no comparison. gotta get the steering and drive systems on seperate sets of wheels to maximize grip. with FWD, the front wheels have to hold grip for both accelleration as well as steering. the tires now trying to hold grip in two different directions, forward as well as to the side. add in the fact that front wheels do most of the braking, and the front tires end up seeing a ton of abuse.

with rear wheel drive, most of that isn't an issue anymore, the front wheels are free for steering, and the rear wheels handle accelleration.instead of sitting useless like on a FWD car, now the rear wheels have taken the accelleration load off of the front tires.sure, the rear of the vehicle can brake loose, but a good driver can avoid or even control this.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:44 AM
HCF Member

I use to have a camaro, it sucked with cornering. The civic is so tight, and pretty much pwns on the turns. I myself have a different personal take on that.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:12 AM
HCF Member

well on average a great handling fwd will hold .83 to .88g's on a skid pad, generally average rwd sports cars will go in the tune of .92 to .95g's while great handling RWD sports cars pull 1.0 to 1.05g's. And Pinks is what it is, why change it so a certain car can do better, you dont see SCCA event makingI4's have smaller gas tanks so the V8's, V10's, and V12's will not be at a disadvantage on pits stops to fill up. But rest assured RWD > FWD in every performance ability out there.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:09 PM
HCF Member

They might in certain things, but the civic still owns my camaro with handling, hands down, anyday.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:14 PM
HCF Member

what year camaro?

I had a 94 Formula LT1 6 speed and it would hand it to any and I repeathand it to anystock U.S. sold civic up untill the 06 si which I dont know if it would or not because I never raced one or pushed one to the limits. Also I know my Vette would smash on damn near if not all mass produced Honda.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:24 PM
HCF Member

Here's the thing thisisoriginal- in general, rwd is better in every respect of racing, the thing is, you might have had one crappy handling rwd car and now have a decent fwd car. So your comparison isn't really fair, i'm sure there are crappy handling fwd cars out there too. In general, rwd is better for racing.

Quick Reply: i hate...