General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I have an alarm?

Old 06-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Default I have an alarm?

Name:  engine02alarm.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  56.1 KB

Interesting find...a friend of mine pluged it in, it locks the doors upon connection...but the sound coming from the horn is pathetic...beyond pathetic, kind of a reallly really really soft click.....more of a a poot. Wut the ****? and, how the who the what where and why could i get this thing hooked back up? once i get this car back in order, CF hood, stereo system(wich it is already wired for ), I'm going to want to protect my investments.

should i just go for a whole new system? i like the viper with auto start and security shut off, but for the time being....hooking this up would be a plus. No Key fob though....I guess first things first would be finding out what brand...anyone know wnything about the really really soft sound, and why?

Old 06-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Default RE: I have an alarm?

my car too had alarm that i didnt know about. it was when i bought an new alrm system and i was installing it where i found the old alrm shock sensor and brain. but if u look uder ur dash u can find what kind of alrm u have an go online to order at least 1 remote for the time being until u buy ur viper alarm.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:05 PM
HCF Member

i have a bs alarm also on my car, its stupid i have th red led light on my dash and unless i press the button on my ghetto remote it wont start...... it came with the car i dont know how to take it out as i am a novice to doing electrical work lol

Old 06-14-2007, 03:57 AM

i also have an alarm, no idea what time, cant find any brain to it, and i dont want to start pulling appart door pannels etc and following wires, the only remains of it are, the crushed remote, which doesnt work anymore but i would like it back(order another) and the little number pad that has been bolted to where the electric mirror switches would go if i had them, the number pad thing is pretty nifty, as you need the code to start the car, i know its not impossible to get arround but a nice little feature.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:08 PM
HCF Member

Usually the brain to the alarm is under the steering wheel and to the left. Close to the fuse box. It should say the brand that it is.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:37 AM

ill have another look when i get home, but i searched everywhere that was visable and i couldnt find it, maybe its hidden behind a kick panel? just out of curiosity isnt it a bit daft to put the brain of the alarm there, as most theives will rip all the plastic around the wheel of to get to the ignition?

Old 06-16-2007, 04:26 AM

i found it!! it was well hidden its a metasystem m320, but that is not the alarm its only the remote central locking, i have just been inspecting the remote today, there doesnt seem anything wrong with it other than the plastic is a bit cracked, i called the previous owner(a friend of mine) and he said he had tried new batteries in the remote but it didnt solve the problem, i followed a few wires around, some plugged directly into the fuse box and another pair of wires went in behind the door pannel.

Does anyone know if i can fix it or test it somehow(will connect 12v to the pair of wires that go into the door panel activate the central locking?), i searched the net and only found one guy with this model and he was looking for a wiring diagram for it, and thats the only thing i found out about the model, the website is ****, they have quite alot of FAQs on there everyone of which is answered by reffering you to the dealer, the previous owner bought the car with the alarm in, so he doent know where the dealer is either[:@]

Any help would be greatly apreciated, if it comes to it ill just buy a cheap ebay kit, but id like to keep the one i have.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:11 AM

do u mean test the alarm somehow? the only way i knwo how to test a car alrm without the remote it self is if u can find th valet switch. if u put the key in the ignition and turn it so the car has power ( dont turn the car on tho). when the car have power u press the valet switch and u should get some resonce from the horn or sometime if u listen carefully u can hear the brain of the alarm ticking

Old 06-16-2007, 05:42 AM
HCF Member

Yeah sorry for the confusion, yes its behind the kickpanel, should be shoved up way past the fuse box. And the wires leading to the door, are just the wires to acces the locks on the door.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:07 AM

let me tell all ya a piece of advice. no matter if u have a 5,000 dollar alarm. or clifford pager alarm. if you DONT have a hood pin. UR ****ED. period. why? let's see... thru ur grill.. a thief could pull a cable with their skinny fingers and holdin the hood down so it wouldnt jump and trigger ur shock sensor.. open the hood.. and disconnect ur alarm.. voila. ur car stolen. for the newbies of electronic.. ur alarm is connect to the battery of the car. take it out. no power for the alarm. no siren. no horn honking. some of u say u put the battery in the trunk. that's smart but beware who u let close and see ur installation. every car has their weakness. now let's say u have a civic 93-95.. there's no grill right? well thru ur bumper it's reachable.. thru ur corner light on the driver side.. pop it out and it's reachable.. .or thru ur wheel well in the driver side behind the headlights it's reachable. all thief who sees a car has a alarm they go for the hood first. do the work. they check to see if ur car is worth stealin to do all the work. if ur bone stock dont worry bout it. nobody wise enough would really steal it. a blue led would tell the thief u have a top of the line alarm. good chance u have a PAGER alarm. so they would be a lil nervous cuz if ur car was to make a warning trigger ur pager would go off and u might come out to check it out. but regardless.. get a hood pin. if u wanna be more creative get a chain lock from the hood hook and chain it down to the bracket of the radiator and click it with a good masterlock (key ). as far as carbon fiber i heard u could rip it right off the car with ur own hands. i have carbon fiber hood but i'm not gonna test it. so when u think of investing money into the car u have to think. will ur security gain? or decrease. and if it's worth it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I have an alarm?