General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

i need alot of help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 01:56 AM
Default i need alot of help!!!

ok
hear is the problem, i turned around to go talk to this guy, and i heard a very load po, i thoght it was the axle ****ing up even more, and the guy said it is prolly the wheel bearing, also my f'ing brakes keep going otu and it is pissin me off, if anyone knows what is going on please tell me, oh yea' the popping noise wont go away? PLAESE HELP... lol

Old 01-07-2006, 10:16 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: i need alot of help!!!

Are u sure that the brake calipers are bolted down? A kide cam into the shop yesterday with his brakes not torqued down and they were making a "poping" sound. I didn't hear the sound, but i heard him describe it. And what do u mean by your breaks keep going out? Look at your axle, if the boot is ripped, the axle is prolly gonna be bad. If you wheel bearings where bad, when u drive at like 30-40mph, they will make this sound (don't quite remember what it is). And what does "brakes keep going out" mean?

Old 01-07-2006, 11:54 PM

when i say the brakes keep going out, i mean tgehy like totally stop working and i have to pump them, and then they will work again, the boot isnt broke on the axel, i have already checked that, i think it is the brake caliper, cause it might be looose, to where it kinks the brake line or somthin, idk tho...

Old 01-07-2006, 11:58 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: hondaracer05

when i say the brakes keep going out, i mean tgehy like totally stop working
Please don't drive your car around like that. Many shops will do a brake check for free. Take it somewhere and have them check it out before you hit something.

Old 01-08-2006, 12:56 AM

yea, i found out its not the brakes, i was driving home, and the noise got way violent, so when i got home, i was looking, and i decide to check the tire, like the hubs and what not, and i poped off the lug nut hider thing, and right when i did that, 2 of the 4 lug nuts/ threads fell out onto the ****ing ground, so yea im gonna buy a new hub, and some new lugs, and hope that thats all it was... so is that **** bad or what... lol