General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I need HELP and ADVICE asap!

Old 07-17-2010, 06:14 PM
August 2010 ROTM

As a HUGE fan of electron blue pearl EM1's, AND an owner of one, I would pass on that deal. I got my car pretty much stock (it was lowered, and had a head unit and wheels on it when I bought it,) had 69,000 miles, clean carfax, ABSOLUTELY no body damage (was perfect, no cracked bumper or anything like that) almost 3 years ago, when they were still worth a little more, for 6000$. I can completely understand wanting a blue Si, that was what I wanted and wasn't going to settle for anything less. I can also understand not wanting a swapped car; I didn't want someone else's project, wanted something pretty much stock, (I don't trust other people's work.) However, just because that's what you want, don't go buy the first one you see, especially not an overpriced one with over 100k miles. It took me about 3 months of searching to find the exact car I wanted. I went and looked at about 10 Si's, not just blue ones even though that was what I wanted. Like others said, most of them were riced out, a lot of miles, or beat to hell. If he won't take 6500 (which is about an average price for that car), let it go. Also, make sure everything is in tip-top shape before you buy it, and ask questions (ie. timing belt/water pump been changed? service records? etc.)

Basically, don't go buy the first one you see just because it's what you want, I know the feeling of waiting a while and finally having the means to buy something, being excited and really wanting to have the car in your garage. But don't settle for less. For that amount of money, you'll be able to get EXACTLY what you want, it just takes time. Search around, go look at other cars (don't appear too anxious, act like you're willing to walk away if the owner won't work with you, he's the one who wants to sell the car) and I guarantee you will find what you want for a decent price, and be much happier than just buying the first, overpriced, one you see. Good luck man, keep us posted on what you decide to do. Always nice to have another EBP EM1 owner around here!

Old 07-17-2010, 07:46 PM
HCF Member

that is way overpriced.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:37 AM
HCF Member

Alright, i have been torn the last few days. All i've been thinking about is the Si. Get it or don't, get it or don't. I think i'm going to call him and tell him its not going to work out, unless he's willing to drop to about 6500 and its just too much for the car.
Any suggestions on what to say to try and get him to drop to 6500??? He claims somebody else was willing to 7200 (asking price) for it. If that is true than i'm done trying to deal with this dude. Any good persuading words of advice for him before i nix the deal completely?

Old 07-18-2010, 09:57 AM
HCF Member

Just give him the ultimatum that either he drops the price or that you can go buy an EX and paint it blue, put on a si grill lip and swap in a newer b series than his and have the same car for less money.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by mnight
Any suggestions on what to say to try and get him to drop to 6500???
What does KBB.com say? Look that up and tell the guy you're not paying him a cent more than blue book value (if blue book is 6500 or less)

Old 07-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Chubby Chaser

Originally Posted by mnight
He claims somebody else was willing to 7200 (asking price) for it.
i call bs on that cause if the guy was willing to pay 7200 then why didnt he sell it..... dude dont let the guy think he has the rarest car in the world it isnt worth it. check out mautofied.com there is alot of si's on there and alot of other really nice civics you can grab for that price. just tell the guy your only gonna pay 6500 and thats it, he can take the offer or go find another sucker to pay 7200. i would never pay 6500 for a civic but thats my opinion.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:43 PM
HCF Member

Alright, just to update anyone that wants to know i told to dude to forget it, he was charging too much for it. Thanks to all who responded on this thread i really appreciate your help. I'll keep looking for my Si!