General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I need Help please?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 07:03 AM
Default RE: I need Help please?!?

I'm not sure that I understand this right.. You're upset that when you get up to your redline you don't make any more power & you want to get some info on how a turbo would help your power output past redline as well as why you stop making power in that region of your rpms?

You need a vtec refill. I have some for sale.

But seriously, if you boost your car and don't know how to drive it correctly you're going to kill it very quickly. I would say that your best bet is to simply track down some dyno graphs for your car (in stock form) and check out the powerband. Learn to shift a little past your pk hp (not much) so you can fall within your optimal powerband in the next gear. Just because it's a civic doesn't mean that you have a sky high redline that makes power up until 8.2k nor does it mean that it's okay to ping off the limiter every time you merge on the highway.

Your best bet is to learn your car and then start thinking about modding it. If you have the cash to build the motor and turbo it just buy a little ek hatch and k-swap it or something. That way you'll get your awesome redline and a car that's pretty quick without ****ing up your internals.

just my .02 of course

Old 10-17-2007, 10:39 AM

Well frist thing is, I know how to drive my car ha, ive been driving standards all my life and have never once owned a automatic, secondly i wasnt saying that I was driving it all the way to the Rev limit I was asking why when my Vtec is suppose to be engageing it feels like my car was getting slugish. And also what is a Vtec recharge Kit? How would that chang anything and how would it help, im not to sure about what that is.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:44 AM

Your leg is being seriously pulled on the VTEC recharge. Sort of like filling a flashlight with light. Firmhonda was merely having a bit of fun with you.

Glad to know you haven't been pushing it near redline.