General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Illegal In-Dash Monitors

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 09:07 PM
Default RE: Illegal In-Dash Monitors

i dunno my friends got an eclipse one and it plays while he drives, and his sits so low you cant even see it outside the damn car

Old 06-19-2005, 10:37 PM

on my panasonic there is this wire that says it has to be wired into the parking brake, i just grounded it and thats how you bypass that lol

Old 06-19-2005, 11:07 PM
HCF Member

no black market chip.......lol just a "Black" wire......ground the bypass and it will work. The new pioneers are a bit harder to bypass.....u need to use RCA Wires and make a loop....but it can still be done.

ORIGINAL: LEVIII

Have you recieved a ticket for it yet? IF so how much?
.As for the ticket........,in NJ its considered as "Reckless driving" ticket.......usually like 100$ Fine plus 4 points on ur license......so in insurance terms thats about 1200 bucks a year.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:16 PM

ORIGINAL: skimmy_jimmy

i dunno my friends got an eclipse one and it plays while he drives, and his sits so low you cant even see it outside the damn car
Thats what I hate about mine. It sits up high dead center.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:39 PM

the ebrake switch is connected to your ebrake with its a foot brake or hand brake...

brother is a cop out there in cali and he told me as long as the screen is not dancing or moving in any way it's fine, it must be a solid screen color with no moving graphics....

on mine i can make the screen hide in the dash while i am driving and still use the remote to change the station or skip songs.....

Old 06-19-2005, 11:40 PM
HCF Member

meeeeeeee too...........pioneer AVHP6600DVD

Old 06-19-2005, 11:41 PM

kenwood 815

Old 06-19-2005, 11:54 PM

Not all of them are just ground the ebrake wire.

Alpine has always been push foot brake, pull ebrake, release foot brake.

My navi moves on my screen while IM driving. I hope I get pulled for it one day and Ill remind that pig what a worhtless peice he really is.

Old 06-20-2005, 01:15 AM

I have a Kenwood KVT-715. It is mounted where the regular radio would go. I found a website with an article about the illegal in-dash monitors and I guess I have to face the music. It is illegal. I am not allowed to play my monitor while the car is in motion. I am only allowed to have a monitor in the front for navigational purposes only. And what sucks even more is that because I did'nt know that it is illegal, I get the privilege of paying the state of California approximately $90 to $170 smackeroos. This really sucks. I also found out that there are only about 13 states in which the in-dash monitors are legal. Well I guess I better start packin it up and move now. I guess I have to pay the price for wanting to have a nice car.

Old 06-20-2005, 01:54 AM

What year is your civic?

You can thank Gray Davis for most of it because he pushed alot of it through and even made it so whoever bypassed the saftly can be held responsible for any damages.

The Governator hasnt really addresed anything about it yet

Quick Reply: Illegal In-Dash Monitors