General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I'm back!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 03:38 PM
HCF Member
Default I'm back!!!!

I told you guys I would be back. It's been like 5 years, but I FINALLY found the right car for the right price. I think I did pretty damn well too. You guys would die if I told you what I gave for this car. Lol.

I have been looking off and on for all this time and found this beauty right here in town. I just knew I was going to have to drive to BFE to find the car I wanted.

For those of you don't know or remember me... here's a refresher... I had the "Super D." First went with a JRSC and then HMT on my '94 EX. Reminder vids...
http://www.streetfire.net/video/94-ex-jrsc_11780.htm

http://www.streetfire.net/video/sced...utox_11182.htm

Turbo'ed...
http://www.streetfire.net/video/94-e...psi_123275.htm

Aaaaaanyway... here's my new baby.

Name:  WP_000028.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  112.4 KB
Name:  V__AF41.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  114.9 KB
Name:  V__041D.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  81.9 KB
Name:  V__6126.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  77.8 KB
Name:  V__9172.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  93.3 KB

'88 Si. JDM ZC motor swap even though it's not a vtec head. I am sure a mini-me is in my future. DC header, Cat back, adjustable coildovers, 17" rims, 4 wheel disc brakes, HO alternator, some sort of custom hood that I'm not crazy about and a few other goodies.

I think I'm in love

Last edited by Street Sniper; 12-02-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:49 PM
HCF Member

Yea, not feeling the hood, lights and interior.... but very easy fix's.

Love the Mugen style body kit though.

So how much you pick her up for?

Old 11-26-2010, 05:51 PM

Nice! Welcome back! I remember you answered a question of mine from about 2-3 years ago when I installed a aftermarket retainers for the first time. I accidentally dropped one of the keepers into the oil pan! haha good times.

Yea, not diggin much of anything I am seeing in the pictures, but at least it is rust free!

Old 11-26-2010, 06:15 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Nice! Welcome back! I remember you answered a question of mine from about 2-3 years ago when I installed a aftermarket retainers for the first time. I accidentally dropped one of the keepers into the oil pan! haha good times.

Yea, not diggin much of anything I am seeing in the pictures, but at least it is rust free!
Lol. I remember that. Damn, not diggin' anything? Ouch. Lol. I've been out of the scene for so long I didn't even notice the clear corners and stuff. I'll have to track down some new lenses. It has Lexus halos in the front. Not sure about those either. While I look for those, I HAVE to get a Skunk short throw and weighted ****. My old one spoiled me. I can't stand a stick without them now.

There will be performance mods in the near future, but the car will be mainly for SPL use as that's the scene I've been in for the last year or so. I actually went to world finals this year and took home 2nd in the world and was only one tenth off of the world record. I got killed by... you guessed it- a CRX. Lol. I have the loudest non-CRX stock vehicle in the world though. I sold the truck to pay for this beauty. I paid less than half of what it's worth.

Old 11-26-2010, 06:47 PM

Dont get me wrong, it has potential, once you get things kinda back to stock looking.

If SPL is your game, do it up! Glad to have you back on and posting on HCF!

Where ya from BTW? If those headlights are actually retrofitted with Lexus projectors, that does help and I would probably keep them installed. From the angle(s), they look like eBay projector headlights, which are nothing special IMO.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:06 PM

Holy OG, welcome back. I remember you. A few of your quotes got sigged here and there back in the day. Nice CRX, not digging the tails but the rest seems mostly well done. I like a few of the interior elements. That hood is a little bit special though.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:07 AM
HCF Member

I think new lights and hood and she will look just fine from the outside. Not a fan of larger rims, but those oddly look decent.
Can't wait to see a build.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:37 AM
HCF Member

Welcome back!
Gratz on taking 2nd place!

Old 11-28-2010, 09:08 AM
HCF Member

Yeah, the hood is one of the first thigs on the list. Probably just go with CF since I dont' want to track down an OEM, do body work and then pay to get it painted. Lights are definitely on there as well. Maybe you guys can make some suggestions or help me look. I forgot all of my sources and what to look for and what'll fit.

First thing first though... apparently the ac/heater control is broken? He said it was really common on these cars and that a guy on eBay sells a fix for them? I dunno. Does that sound familiar to anyone? It just hit 35* here and I'll be miserable with no heat. I can live without AC, but no heat means the car will sit.

Oh, I'm from Louisiana, btw.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:11 AM
HCF Member

And just so you guys will know why I can live with some of the less than tasteful upgrades... I only paid $2k for the car.

Quick Reply: I'm back!!!!