General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

i'm conceding to all show no go for now....

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 02:03 AM
Default i'm conceding to all show no go for now....

well, i got a fix-it ticket for my illegal non-carb compliant APC (American Plastic Crap) intake that came with my car.

while it's a great excuse to upgrade to an AEM short ram (it'll be in wed.), that will be the only performance part added to my car until after it passes it's inspection. the inspection will be next month by the look of things.

so, i'm taking this time off from modding to improve the appearance of my ride. i am seriously thinking about adding some racing stripes (think 69' camaro style) as they will not be expensive and they will make the car a little less "red". they would also conveniently cover up the holes in my trunk lid from when i ripped my APC (A Piece of Crap) wal-mart spoiler off a couple of days ago. i'm thinking of using the vinyl that looks like carbon fiber for the stripes, they would match my hood and look different than plain ol' black ones.

i also want to upgrade my ugly wal-mart altezzas with some nice, non-cheap looking ones that have a carbon-fiber motif (i think i am a carbon fiber ***** now) and i'm probably going to put a cheap stereo in it.

a nice carbon fiber stereo.

once i pass inspection, i want to get a shiny, lightweight underdrive pulley kit, some ignition stuff, and that damn cam i keep talking about. i think i am going to leave it all motor, though, because i don't want it hauled off on a trailer if i get pulled over again.

cali emissions laws suck. anyone else have stupid run ins with the law over your car like this?

Old 06-14-2005, 04:08 AM
Default RE: i'm conceding to all show no go for now....

Good luck, man!

Old 06-14-2005, 12:52 PM
HCF Member

Spoiler removal is an excellent start.[sm=smiley32.gif] Man those inspections must really be annoying. They stopped inspections in Oklahoma about 4-5 years ago (if my memory serves me correctly) Concerning the racing stripes, I don't know man, I think a pure red looks good. Racing stripes just don't seem to fit a Civic to me. But that's just my opinion. Anyway, happy modding!

Old 06-14-2005, 01:08 PM

when i think small car with stripes... i think neon, because thats there thing. but iv never seen a civic with stripes, so i dunno.

Old 06-14-2005, 06:00 PM
HCF Member

You gonna start them on the roof? Because it would look silly to cover up the Carbon Fibah powa. And if you started them on the roof that might look silly too. But I feel ya on the cover up part. I have 5 big *** holes from the removal of my monstrocity. I guess I could do it right and weld them back up, but that would involve painting and apparently I am terrible at repainting.

Old 06-15-2005, 01:08 AM

well, i have good news and bad news.

today, when i woke up, i called super autobacs and they said my AEM intake was in already. sweet! so i go outside to get in my car and pick it up, and there it is on my window: ANOTHER F###ING TICKET!!

what the hell? are all cops illiterate? there is a sticker in the front window showing that i recently bought the car and paid for taxes/tags/registration already, they put that on at the dealership. i am just waiting on the stickers in the mail. aaarrrrghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

anyway, i would start the stripes on the front fascia, skip the hood, then go over the roof and down to the rear bumper, where they would terminate somehow in a simple design of some sort. i gotta go do some court stuff tomorrow morning, so i won't have time to do much about it then, but maybe thursday i'll make a final decision and get something started. i already have two small carbon-fiber print vinyl stickers covering the holes, the more i look at them, the more i wish they were wider and kept going up.

and yeah, it would be silly to cover my cf hood with cf print vinyl, lol. i was thinking of maybe getting a decepticon emblem for my hood, though. but one thing at a time.

Old 06-16-2005, 12:16 AM
HCF Member

you know youll get pulled over more the more visual stuff you do, right? keep it on the DL. sleeper style.