General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I'm New

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Default I'm New

Sorry, I think I posted this twice. First off, ignore my email. I don't own a focus, nor do I want too. And I'm not gothic either, my name is kinda an inside joke between me and some friends. I'm 18 and goin to college this coming fall. Currently I drive a 1990 Dodge Dakota, and my first car was a lifted 1985 Ford Bronco. It was fun, but ate alot of gas. My grandpa gave me the Dodge.
Anyways, next summer I want to buy a 02 Honda Civic Hatchback. Now, to my knowledge they did NOT make the 02 and up Hatchback in anything BUT an SI. Is that true? I need to know because I can't drive a stick, nor do I want too. PLEASE dont give me s**t b/c I don't want a manual. I want an automatic. I'm not too worried about speed or anything... I just want looks and comfortability. I'll probably put an intake and exhaust on it, but thats about it. Does anyone know if they made these in automatics?? PLEASE help me out. I plan on visiting this website alot. THanks

Andy

Old 05-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Default RE: I'm New

Sis are only stick and hatches are only Sis

Old 05-09-2005, 03:19 PM
HCF Member

I need to know because I can't drive a stick, nor do I want too
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're going to be stuck with getting an LX or EX coupe or an LX, Hybrid, or standard sedan. Stick with the EX coupe if you're after and automatic.

Old 05-09-2005, 10:07 PM

ok, so from 02 up hatchbacks only came in SI. and of course, they're only sticks. that sucks.. BUT from 98 DOWN you can get a hatchback in something besides an SI, right? I know you can.... pretty sure I have seen them... in fact, did they even make an SI (hatch) 96-98? I know they made SI coupes (96-98)...

Well, this blows... thanks for the info folks.... keep talkin

Old 05-09-2005, 10:26 PM

Sorry, thought I would add one more thing... they did make the hatch in 99-00, right? I was readin on the next gen civic, which won't come in a hatch, and they said that honda would AGAIN not offer the civic in hatchback form... maybe they were only talking about the SI? no hatch SI's, just coupes....wish i had the money for a regular hatch 06......

anyways... thanks for everthing...sorry...kinda bummed right now. later

Old 05-09-2005, 10:35 PM
HCF Member

they made the si as a coupe from 99-00. but they made lower model hatches from 88, all the way to 2000. its not the same bodysyle as the 02, but its your only real choice if you have to have an auto. another idea is to look into a base model or even a type s RSX. they are both available in auto.

Old 05-09-2005, 11:56 PM
HCF Member

i dont drive stick but i kno how to............bro after awhile of driving it.....u dont even have to think about shifting......it just sorta happens.

Old 05-10-2005, 01:08 PM

Learn to drive stick. Now. Please.

Old 05-10-2005, 09:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Roth_the_Dark_Lord

I need to know because I can't drive a stick, nor do I want too.

I'm not too worried about speed or anything...
I'll probably put an intake and exhaust on it, but thats about it.

Andy, First, NEVER put an intake on a car that's not stick... that's just sacreligeous.
Second, why have an intake and not have speed? sry i am a little confused

Old 05-11-2005, 12:53 PM

I said that I would have an intake becaue, well baiscally I can get one for free, and it looks good, helps with gas mileage, but doesn't really help with power... not anything noticable anyway.... p.s. stop giving me s*** for not driving a f***in stick... its my choice... grow up

this post can be over now.. thanks for everyone who was actually helpful rather than just b****y

Quick Reply: I'm New