General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I'm Taking the next step in HID's DONE...ish

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: I'm Taking the next step in HID's

well heres one DIY but for a integra.... but same basic instal.....
http://www.skafia.com/itr/hid/
tho i would sugest some black housing OEM headlights so you can paint them alot easier than some chrome ones... at least i belive....

IF or WHEN i do mine i want to after everything is fited i want to paint them to match the cars paint! and then put the clear lense ON and seal it up...

tho i dont know about that type of housing... just looks odd to me how they would have that open area between the back housing and the lense... i dont realy understand..... but id like to buy some that are complete headlights... that way i can see how they are mounted inside those.....

BUT either way with retrofiting you got another issue ya might have to TRY and work around.... like mainly behind the headlight on the drivers side... at least on mine thiers a BUNCH of stuff right thier that you might have to either delete or relocated if posible...

Old 05-19-2007, 10:00 AM
HCF Member

Ok So i have been doing a lot of reasearch so far, and i found This It is a DIY that Honda Tuning did on a 93 hatch, so once i get all my parts and stuff i will be following this to a T no short cuts, cause i am only going to get one chance at this and i want to do it right,

Old 05-19-2007, 03:36 PM
HCF Member

Ok so i have been researching, and thanks to HIDPlanet.com forums have compiled a list of headlights that i am going to look into. These are all headlights that contain Bi-xenon projectors

BMW 3 Series 02-06
BMW 5 series 04+
Mercedes E500 e320
Nissan Maxima 04+
Nissan Murono 03+
Acura TL 04+
Acura TSX << Edit:*oops not that one, thought i would point that out lol, Include that in the low beams only pile

There are more, but i figured that of any high end car these would be the ones that are most common to find. There are others that are single low beam HID's and include such cars as the S2000, BMW 99-01 3 series, Mitisubishi Evo VIII and a bunch of others

Old 05-19-2007, 03:44 PM
HCF Member

Good luck with the project.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:45 AM

Wow that's a nice link addiction....very informative.......I hope it turns out well fiirkan

Old 05-20-2007, 01:07 AM
June 2010 ROTM

Good luck on the retro-fit!

Sorry, I don't mean to thread jack but... ....help me out here... ...why is doing a HID retro-fit soooo much better than aftermarket projectors with HID conversion??

Old 05-20-2007, 01:35 AM
Recognized HCF Member

cause either way... unless ya retro fit some ACTUALY HID DESIGNED headlight housings youll never have that best spread out beam and sharp cut off point

these are my hids in nOEM housings

Name:  HIDs046.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  28.4 KB

Old 05-20-2007, 12:58 PM
HCF Member

For a plug and play hit kit like Addiction and I currently have as you can see in the pic Addiction posted, there isn't even distribution of light and there are hot spots. as you can see in the pic here the top is your standard plug and play kit, which has the same pattern as a Halogen and can potentially blind oncomming traffic. With the bottom pic it is true HID retrofit, as you can see there is even distrobution of light and a sharp cut off line to prevent blinding oncomming traffic. the second pic you can see the even distrobution and cut off line alot better

Name:  thetruth.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  46.1 KB

Name:  hid1.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  52.7 KB

Old 05-20-2007, 01:01 PM
HCF Member

W00T!!!! i found what i have been looking for for the past 4 days, DIY Wiring harness for a Retrofit All info required is now found I just need the parts now and i can start my build

http://jdmlyfestyle.com/how_to_build...hid_wiring.htm

Old 05-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well i dont see why hes got so many inline fuses.... those arent needed..... only 1 that wires to the battery is all ya need..... and i would use a ground activated relay... that way no worries about shorting out thru the firewall.....

for my HIDs i just have the headlights turned down alittle to reduce glare... still works great for the price...

but if you truely wanna be EXTREMLY SWEET.... a retrofit is the ONLY WAY TO GO

Quick Reply: I'm Taking the next step in HID's DONE...ish