General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I'm torn

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 12:04 AM
HCF Member
Default I'm torn

Kay soo i've decided that next summer i'll upgrade one of two things on my hatch, either:
get new wheels, rims, suspension, etc. (currently all stock)
OR
do a B18C swap. (struggling to hold back the massive power of a v-techless d16y7 which is in the car right now)

thing is methinks I can afford the wheels suspension etc. now but not gonna bother as winter's slowly rearing its snowy head, anyways which would you guys do first if you had the choice?

btw I think the guy whos selling me the motor is offering a decent deal, hes quoted me $5500CAD for used motor, new mounts, clutch, exhaust, gaskets, inspection, and installation and removal(of old motor) also wiring harness, ECU(tuned by him), and I believe AC as well... personally i'd love to DIY it, but a motor swap is outta my field of knowledge for now, and plus I don't wanna take the bus to school... </sidetrack>

anyways main question is a 2 parter(to summerize) which would you do first? and also is that a fairly decent deal for what i'm getting?

I mainly use my car for doing less walking... procrastination from homework and spending money like I shouldn't be [8D] and generally just having fun w/ car.

Thanks in advance!

Old 11-10-2007, 01:47 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: I'm torn

motor swap is going to be expensive if you don't have the resources and knowledge to do it yourself. (problem I'm in aswell as money...). If your not going to be happy with your car unless it's a hog on the streets, then just keep saveing your money... save, save, save. Look around for shops around your area, get to know some people in the game, and get hook ups. Do research know what you need and plan it out.

Old 11-10-2007, 05:14 AM

Suspension, motor, and wheels in that order imo. Just keep saving untill around March, then get your suspension, swap out the motor, and keep a close eye on www.craigslist.org for good deals on wheels

Old 11-10-2007, 06:15 PM
HCF Member

I say save your money... and dont do anything to the car... lol people like to back into them and ruin their bumpers and whatnot, so buy a bicycle and ride it around. At least this saves you money AND gets you exercise. Or just do the suspension and sport the D