General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

import perspective

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Default import perspective

hey, whats up guys. well last night i was at one of my asian friends house, when his 3 cousins from spokane washington showed up. turboed delsol, turboed b18c1 gsr, turboed d16y8. well, we went and started running out by the port, and damn. i honeslty havent been around more 13 second hondas. it was intense. but the crazy thing was that they were all in there 30s-40s (age wise). i hadnt seen anyone over 25 that tuned their car before this. shows that alot of people were into this before i was, and long time before too. anyway, thats my story of last night. it was crazy.

Old 02-07-2005, 11:19 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: import perspective

I see some what a lot of people over 25 tuned their car but they just tuned it for show or they take it out to the drag. I dont see them drive it around town like an everyday car.

Old 02-08-2005, 12:01 AM
HCF Member

hehe, a bunch of my friends are older,and they have some sick *** cars. ill get some pics this summer when we go cruising and stuff. one guy is like 33, and has a 96 GSR with every bolt-on he could find, and now its like a week or two away from a T3/T4. then another guy is like 30, and has an EVO 8 that he is getting ready to drop a few grand on valvetrain and a clutch. it should rev to a little over 8500. another guy is 26 and has a crazy *** 97 eclipse GS with a Hahn racecraft turbo kit (his dad blew the headgasket though.)

Old 02-08-2005, 12:44 PM

I Saw that new skyline infinti, its just like the G-35, and some young 16 year old was riding around in it her dad bought it for her, she dont even know what a skyline is or what they looked like before, freakin pisses me off, I should not get upset. I just hate it when people buy nice bmw,s and skylines and one of my friend has a G-35 the new one, and this one girl a 350Z and another with the new vette, anyway cause they dont care or take pride in there cars, then let the brake dust build up in the front rims and let the car get nasty dirty and dont respect them. Thats what pisses me off, I have a civic and I wash it 2 times a week, cant now cause my finger is all mest up but I stop at goo-goo car wash and spray it dont with soapy hot water and the wax and rinse when I can not washby hand and detail it out, like I usually do. AHHH I need to calm down..

Old 02-08-2005, 06:36 PM
HCF Member

just a little consolation, those skylines are the base model, the GT-R hasnt made it here yet. it should come with a twin turbo version of that 3.5L, with an all-wheel drive system at least as advanced as the last generation ATTESA ET-S system was.

Old 02-08-2005, 07:01 PM

Yeah. But they've actually upgraded ATTESA again to handle torque differently.

Old 02-08-2005, 07:14 PM
HCF Member

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! hells yeah.

Old 02-08-2005, 07:15 PM

Yeah, that's what I said. I kind of wish they had stayed with the same engine though; maybe tweaked it a little. And I'm so glad the GTR doesn't look like the concept... god that was funky looking.

Old 02-08-2005, 07:19 PM
HCF Member

they had to switch the engine because of emissions. but if that 3.5 is ANYTHING like the old 2.6, then DAMN. but we'll have to wait and see. i mean, if they do to the skyline GT-R, what they did to the Sentra SE-R, then im gonna be pissed.

Old 02-08-2005, 07:28 PM

Well, realistically they could have just updated the engine to conform to the EPA standards and whatnot... I don't see why they didn't. But yeah, if they go the same route as the SE-R, I'll be pissed too. And I hope they don't produce too many of them.

Quick Reply: import perspective