General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I am now a Civic Owner

Old 07-13-2005, 08:19 AM
Default I am now a Civic Owner

Hello all, just wanted to let you all know I purchased a nice '98 Civic EX yesterday. It is red and turned 115 k as I drove to work this AM. It is totally stock and still looks and runs as if it were new asside from a few minor dents. I am very pleased with it thus far. I plan to get the windows tinted as the summer heat is killing me and I want to protect the interior. Also I want to get a braw to protect the front paint. Do any of you guys here know where I can find a quality braw for a reasonable price? Thanks bro's !

Old 07-13-2005, 08:35 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: I am now a Civic Owner

well, most people will tell you that bra's do everything BUT protect the paint. Sand and dirt can get caught in it, and destroy the front of your car. But if you really want one search around here and see what you can find. Oh yeha, and welcome!!

Old 07-13-2005, 10:05 AM

Thanks. The front already has some paint chipping so I thought it woud be a good idea to get a bra. We'll see because I too have heard of the scratching bra's can cause.

Oh another question to you all, it has the factory AM/FM radio in it. It has controls for a CD but it did not come with one. I want a CD. However reading the owners manual last night it said the electronic door openers will not work if the factory radio was removed. Is this true? If so how much would it cost to have a dealer install a CD? Thanks.

Old 07-13-2005, 10:19 AM

You might want to look into a clear bra. It is like a laminant that covers the front of the car and looks like stock cor but there is actually a small sheep of plastic protection on the front. Not sure on the pricing though.

As for the factory radio. You have basically 2 options to get a cd player.
1) get an Alpine Mbus changer and there is an adapter so it will plug directly into your stock unit and is controlled 100% with the stock unit.
2)Buy a new head unit and have it installed proffesionly and when they do it they will stash the stock deck behind the dash to keep your keyless. Out of sight, out of mind.

Old 07-13-2005, 10:26 AM

Thank for the advice LEVIII! I'll have to look into that. [sm=usa.gif]

Old 07-24-2005, 07:46 PM

Congratulations. I just bought a '98 Civic EX 5-speed in February. It has about 104K miles on it. I love driving it. I had bought a new '05 Corolla, and the steering was so awful and the seats and steering wheel position were so uncomfortable (I didn't notice these things on the test drive) that I sold it at a big loss and bought the Civic. The Civic is the complete opposite of the Corolla. The steering is silky, on-center, and gives excellent feedback. The steering wheel is in just the right place. The engine is plenty peppy, too. Plus the outward visibility is good (much better than the high-beltline Corolla). This car feels good!

Old 07-24-2005, 09:17 PM

Yeh, we had someone else on here (might have been Ray, not sure tho) about buyin a bra. After hearing all our comments, he returned it. You might wanna do a search on it.

Old 07-25-2005, 12:01 AM
Old 07-26-2005, 03:33 PM
HCF Member

Why one would want to purchase a bra is beyond me. Those things are up there as the ugliest things u can put on a car.

Old 07-26-2005, 03:40 PM

I hate to chime in on the chorus but in addition to trapping sand and other nasty abrasives between itself and the paint, a bra will trap moisture. Paint killing, mildew growing moisture.

Go braless.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I am now a Civic Owner