General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Just got into a F***ing accident

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Just got into a F***ing accident

might also help to drive on your stock tires.....

your low pros might not be to good in cold weather...

thats why first ice/snow i bust out my ride into a open parking lot and have alittle fun..... find out how shes gonna act when she looses traction.... and how to regain control....
i had some fun last year in my old 86crx.LMFAO that thing could do a PERFECT donute in reverse.LOL

Old 11-28-2006, 07:05 PM
HCF Member

I do that, too

Old 11-28-2006, 07:57 PM
Cat Fuсker

I go ice racing up in poconos...

Old 11-28-2006, 08:22 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Misha

You obviously don't know or just forgot. Keep pumpering yourself. Next time you might as well kill somebody. Or yourself. And if you keep lying to yourself that you have ice/snow driving skills, next time will come pretty soon.
stuff happens. it sounds like an honest mistake and bad circumstances. why do you insist on hammering on him? its not like hes bitching about wrecking his car because he was doing 110 in a 45 and a car pulled out in front of him. he said he left room, wasnt following too close, wasnt driving too fast, and tried to get out of the way but another car was in his escape route. sure there may have been a way out, but you act like you know the way out, and that it would have been easy for you to take it, even though you werent there, and dont know any more of the details than any of us. the guy just wrecked his car in a pretty honest "accident", give him a break.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:37 PM

sorry bout the crash black. you can see the ice all over the road in these pics!
i got hit today on the way to school. jus cruising along in the usual morning traffic then bam, this girl hits me from behind.. not as bad a crash as yours tho.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:56 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: sacicons
stuff happens. it sounds like an honest mistake and bad circumstances. why do you insist on hammering on him? its not like hes bitching about wrecking his car because he was doing 110 in a 45 and a car pulled out in front of him. he said he left room, wasnt following too close, wasnt driving too fast, and tried to get out of the way but another car was in his escape route. sure there may have been a way out, but you act like you know the way out, and that it would have been easy for you to take it, even though you werent there, and dont know any more of the details than any of us. the guy just wrecked his car in a pretty honest "accident", give him a break.
I don't know any more details than everybody else. And I don't think there is a need to know more. The mere fact that the guy hit another car that did not cut in front of him but just was normally braking tells me that he did something wrong. The speed was too high for the circumstances, or the distance was too low, or both. It does not matter he is telling he was going slow and far off - obviously this was not enough to prevent the accident, and speed/distance should have been different. This is not an opinion that I can have one, and you can have another, and both are right - this is a naked fact. If you hit somebody, you did something wrong.

And the whole point of me pressing him is to get him to understand that there was something wrong in his decisions, and to have him to identify what was wrong, and to fix this for the future. He did not seem to get this after my first post. I may sound too rude and harsh, but I saw too many dead bodies of the people who did not take driving risks seriously, and other people they took with them... and comparing to the death, my rudeness is nothing…

Old 11-28-2006, 10:34 PM

i understand what your getting at misha your saying that in icy conditions you should be prepared for all things to go wrong because they might. he hit the person in front of him because he didnt have enough room to stop if for any reason they had to or any other number of factors that could have happened to distract him from stoping in time. he should be aware of it and make it a practice so he wont do it again because next time he or somebody else might not walk away

Old 11-28-2006, 11:07 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: masters

i understand what your getting at misha your saying that in icy conditions you should be prepared for all things to go wrong because they might. he hit the person in front of him because he didnt have enough room to stop if for any reason they had to or any other number of factors that could have happened to distract him from stoping in time. he should be aware of it and make it a practice so he wont do it again because next time he or somebody else might not walk away
Yeah, pretty much it
One small correction - not only in icy conditions, in ALL conditions. One should always evaluate what is going on around him, and choose the speed and distance accordingly...

Old 11-28-2006, 11:13 PM
olv
HCF Member

If you live far enough up north you'll see them close down hills just for the fact that no matter how much room or breaking there is its not going to help on an icy hill.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:21 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: olv

If you live far enough up north you'll see them close down hills just for the fact that no matter how much room or breaking there is its not going to help on an icy hill.
You just don't go this way then. And if you do, you should realize you are asking for disaster to happen.

Quick Reply: Just got into a F***ing accident