General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Just got into a F***ing accident

Old 11-28-2006, 11:21 PM
Default RE: Just got into a F***ing accident

Obi Won has spoken.....

Old 11-28-2006, 11:23 PM
olv
HCF Member

yes but it usually takes them an accident or 2 before they'll shut it down.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: olv

yes but it usually takes them an accident or 2 before they'll shut it down.
Them?? I was talking about driver's decisions. This is adriver who decides where and how he drives...

Old 11-28-2006, 11:31 PM
olv
HCF Member

sorry i was refering to police. and far as drivers decisions are concerned you cant really pass judgement on the situation because there are cases that it just wasnt avoidable. If you know an area and its prone to icing over to the point where an accident is unavoidable you take a different route. But he said that its a rare occurance in seattle. I just think your being to hasty to judge in this case. Just my .02

Old 11-29-2006, 12:42 AM
HCF Member

Yeah, I see your point, I might have been too tough. Assumptions I used were that ice is not something unseen of for Seattle (did they host a winter Olympics?), rather a regular occurrence, and the part of the road should be familiar to the driver since he drives there daily from work, and it does not take a Nobel prize winner to figure out the hill could as well be icy under such a weather, and to behave accordingly…

And then he goes on to tell how good he is in icy driving skills. I would understand this if he was talking about avoiding accident, but he just posted the picture of the results of his driving skills test…

Making mistakes is normal, learning from mistakes is critical for driver survival. If my assumptions are true (and I believe they are), he did not learn the lesson, and did not have any intention to. That’s why I got rude at him.

And you know what? I do exactly those things to myself, too. If I get into an accident, or experience near miss, I always ask myself what I did wrong and what I could have done differently to resolve the situation or better to avoid it. No matter was I at fault or no. And I believe this is the reason I did not have any serious accident for more than the last 10 years.

Old 11-29-2006, 02:44 AM
HCF Member

If you live far enough up north you'll see them close down hills just for the fact that no matter how much room or breaking there is its not going to help on an icy hill.
^ true to that

Old 11-29-2006, 02:49 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Misha

it does not take a Nobel prize winner to figure out the hill could as well be icy under such a weather, and to behave accordingly…
Misha, If you were going 10-15mph and you try to stop, your car will still go into a skid. Now think of it when someone is going downhill...

Old 11-29-2006, 02:59 AM
olv
HCF Member

sorry i was refering to police. and far as drivers decisions are concerned you cant really pass judgement on the situation because there are cases that it just wasnt avoidable. If you know an area and its prone to icing over to the point where an accident is unavoidable you take a different route. But he said that its a rare occurance in seattle. I just think your being to hasty to judge in this case. Just my .02
Missread earlier, he said it was record setting. So yea Seattle see's there fare share of snow. Reading>me. But we still dont know the grade of the slope for the hill which is the main factor.

Old 11-29-2006, 02:59 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: tdci29
ORIGINAL: Misha

it does not take a Nobel prize winner to figure out the hill could as well be icy under such a weather, and to behave accordingly…
Misha, If you were going 10-15mph and you try to stop, your car will still go into a skid. Now think of it when someone is going downhill...
Actually I do have some experience with this - I drove in Moscow Russia for the most part of my life
And, there are many variations of proper behavior in this situation - let the car in front of you to clear the hill before entering it, chose different route, etc....

Old 11-29-2006, 06:57 AM

but he didnt no there was ice on the roads so why would he let the person in front go and clear the hill before he goes

you being way to tough on him from the sounds of things he could have done nothing else going down hill on ice you wont be able to stop once it starts sliding

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just got into a F***ing accident