General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Is it just me or is it hard to see to backup in a civic?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 09:41 PM
HCF Member
Default Is it just me or is it hard to see to backup in a civic?

I have driven several things around the farm.

Not many next to the dump trucks are as hard to see behind as a civic.

I have a 2001 ex coupe.

You just have to turn your neck far as you can to see or you use your mirror but you cant see so well as you are low and the trunk is kinda in the way.

Anyone else feel this way?

I am debating on sticking a 7 inch lcd with a camera on my spoiler with some of those IR leds for night time backup. Total cost somewhere around 150 bucks prob.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:53 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Is it just me or is it hard to see to backup in a civic?

I would say go for it. Even if you can see without it, it will add to your PIMP score. LOL Let me know if you need any help if you decide to do it. I have done them before.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:02 PM

civics arent that bad compared to some of the other hondas.the accord coupes are a bit hard to judge where the bumper when backing up near other cars. the ridgelines arent that bad but again hard to judge where the bumper is but atleast u have some height. the older cr-v's are pretty open and big rear window so its easy to see, also have the spare tire to help u see how close u are to another car. newer cr-v's arnt that bad, rear window is a bit smaller but no biggie. the s2000's are def the easiest ones. even if the tops up u can still see thru the small rear window easily and u only have like 3 feet behind where u sit to the end of the car, when the tops down u can see everything...it's also a really low car so u can see everything around u lol.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Super Cereal Admin

try backing up in a '97 Ford Expedition. Or, better yet, try backing up in an '04 Silverado with toolboxes on the sides. Then talk to me about how hard it is to see in a civic lol...but seriously, go for the camera... you can never be too careful.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:48 PM

ya tell me about it, try backing up achevy z71 suburban in a parking garage with little space lol. i'll take backing up a lil civic any day over that lol.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:38 PM

Try backing that *** up. Someone had to say it

Old 04-03-2007, 09:47 PM
HCF Member

I would like to do it.

Like get a camera like this with the IR leds for night time.(prob the most needed time anyways)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Color-BackUp-Rea...QQcmdZViewItem

Nice cheap camera....

Then a 7 inch?(to big for a civic right in front of the cup holders?) and put it in the car with a power inverter. Set it to run only when backing up is a option or always on when the car is on?

Dont want to poke a hole in my trunk to mount it. Maybe some sticky stuff...Then where does the wires go...?

Oh and when I am through I would like it to look nice and bring up the cars value not down....ha ha

Old 04-04-2007, 12:20 AM
HCF Member

Try backing up a Toyota U-HAUL box van by yourself. There is ZERO rear visibility.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:27 AM
HCF Member

i have a really long driveway that nobody has successfully backed out of except for me...i gota 94 civic and i just roll down my window and stick my head out like a dog....my boyfriend has a 03 accord and he knocked the driveway marker lights down...lol...but ya most people just park and turn around....but go for the camera....girls like stuff like that.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:44 AM
HCF Member

backing up is for lewzers. lol.

Quick Reply: Is it just me or is it hard to see to backup in a civic?