General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Just pranged the civic

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 05:32 AM
Default Just pranged the civic

Hey guys,

As the title reads, I had a little 'incident' in my civic on the early hours of Sunday morning. I was turning off towards my village from the bypass at around 65mph, when the rear end stepped out on a sweeping right-hander. The wheels/tyres and suspension are all as standard and the gritters had just flown past me in the opposite direction. I should have taken on board that the roads would be slippy, but I suppose I've learnt the hard way.

Everything went quiet for about 10 seconds as the car drifted out of control and the front right wheel kissed the curb, which then threw the car around and the rear wheel smacked side-on into the pavement.

The rear wheel has basically folded under the car, taking out the rear wishbone and twisting the trailing arm. The mounts look ok, but I'm praying that the car is still staight and doesnt need to be jigged. It'll probably be a write-off in that case. I'll upload some pics later....

Just take it easy people, it's not nice having no car to play with. I was lucky and managed to stay clear of any lamp posts, things could have been much worse. Right, I'm off to feel sorry for myself...

=chris=

Old 02-06-2006, 08:01 AM
Default RE: Just pranged the civic

Sorry to hear that bro and I hope everything works out for ya.

Old 02-06-2006, 04:56 PM
HCF Member

i would feel sorry for myself too ...that sucks tho, i had a couple times this winter when my car has slipped and i thought i was going to hit somthing but iv been able to controlle it, just drive slow if you go somewere is the key, good luck with the car!

Old 02-06-2006, 04:58 PM
HCF Member

Thats sucks man.