General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Just a question to ask

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 06:51 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by PunisherInOKC
The parking brake will only lock your rear tires.
Your problem is < other than going 60 > is you pulled them going downhill. The natural grade of the road pulled you either left or right. And being as you did this downhill, your car slid even faster in that direction. Makes it easy to lose control.
As for your front tires locking up, did you freak out and press the break? Did you do a 180? Did you drink a few beers before this?

Hope your car is OK, and you learned a lesson.
I didnt hit the brake I was actualy on the phone and yea i learned my lesson. It didnt mess my car up but for one spot tht needs to be buffed out that u cant see.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Iron_Man_2010
I didnt hit the brake I was actualy on the phone and yea i learned my lesson.
"one-handed!!"

Old 09-14-2008, 05:24 PM
HCF Member

No comment to one handed.
Check your bushing and shocks and stuff, if you have not already. Had a buddy do similar on ice.. slid into the ditch, and broke his trailing arm bushing.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:34 PM
HCF Member

congratulations, you just took a big chunk out of many of your cars components. And worse was that you were on the phone. But oh well we all do stupid stuff once in a while. Be careful out there

Old 09-15-2008, 04:11 AM
HCF Member

lol yeah, its dumb but I can't even flame him or anything cuz we all do stupid ish every now and then. I remember testing out my new tires and hitting a turn a little too...ambitiously. I spun the car 270 degrees and ended up in the opposite lane, stalled, and rolling backwards, in fifth gear. Woo hoo for dumb moments...

Old 09-15-2008, 05:12 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya ive kept from posting for same reason... hopefully you did learn your lesson and wont do something so stupid again.LOL tho one thing i cannt help but ask.... what did the person on the phone say when you freaked out, droped the phone and spun around.LMFAO

worst ricer thing ive ever done was neutral dropping afew automatics...... its all fun and games until someone looses a tranny.....

Old 09-15-2008, 08:30 AM

Yea I wasn't really trying to flame him I just thought that it was funny. Since no one got hurt and nothing got damaged, the whole thing with him spinning out was kinda funny, especially since he was on the phone.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:28 PM
HCF Member

Oh, I wasnt tryna say you were, just saying that we all have our moments. A similar thing happened to my friend but he recovered, he was drivin thru some hills in his MR2 (spyder) and on the phone and missed the "25mph" advisory sign while doing 70 lol. Needless to say he spun out a bunch, I was the one on the phone with him and he just dropped it and I could hear tires squealing, scary but funny when i found he was alright

Old 09-15-2008, 03:41 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
ya ive kept from posting for same reason... hopefully you did learn your lesson and wont do something so stupid again.LOL tho one thing i cannt help but ask.... what did the person on the phone say when you freaked out, droped the phone and spun around.LMFAO

worst ricer thing ive ever done was neutral dropping afew automatics...... its all fun and games until someone looses a tranny.....
lol well whats funnier is that i didnt drop the phone the person happened to be my girlfriend haha and she flipped i told her..."hey i just wrecked ill call you back bye i love you" and called my bud

Old 09-16-2008, 12:08 AM
HCF Member

Seems we are turning this into what was your worst ricer minute?

Stillwater, Oklahoma - front of main campus of OSU. Lots of cute girls. Radio blarin, dressed nice. Decided to give it some gas over a speed bump. Now, speed bumps on campus are not just bumps - are hills. Got major air. Snapped rear cross member.
In the end, got numbers, and paid $700 to fix all the damage.

Quick Reply: Just a question to ask