General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

License Plate Question?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 04:01 AM
Default License Plate Question?

Ok, what's legal and what's not?

I recently bought a [R-Racing] license plate which i put on the back of my car
is that Legal or not. Some say no. I thought only the front is required cause of
the red-light camera tracking device. let me know thanks[&:]

Old 08-17-2004, 04:08 AM
NTX
HCF Member
Default RE: License Plate Question?

in my travels i've never been to a place where a rear plate is not required......

Old 08-17-2004, 06:30 PM

It's the oher way around. You may be able to get away with no front plate. Some cops care, sone don't. Some cars don't even come with a place to mount a front plate. But you for sure need that rear plate. And they can no longer give you tickets based on a photo radar system. At least out here in CO. They determined its illegal.

Old 08-17-2004, 09:13 PM

yea the rear is required everywhere. there are plenty of states that only have rears. but damn IL has front and rear. but i only run the rear and have a cool roush plate for up front on the stang. i had the front plate on the civ but took it off cause it looks better w/o it.
have not been hasseled yet for no front plate either.
if u take the front off jsut keep it with you if u get pulled over so then at least u have it.

Old 08-17-2004, 09:14 PM

another bonus. with no front plate they cant give u a ticket for runnin a red hehehehe

Old 08-17-2004, 09:27 PM

It's a matter of what state you live in. For example, here in NY and I think in NJ both a front and rear plate is necessary. Some states only require one.

Old 08-21-2004, 12:42 AM

I live in Florida and we are required to have only the rear plate, the front plate isn't required...[&:]

Old 08-21-2004, 02:15 AM

A rear is required everywhere. No matter what. Some cities/states will pull you over if it's not mounted correctly. A friend of mine got pulled over cause the plate was mounted with one screw and was sitting slightly slanted.

states that require front plate:

Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Hawaii, Iowa, Illinios, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virgina, Washington state, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

States that DONT require a front plate:

Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana (WERD), Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia.

30 states and DC require it, 20 states do not.

Old 08-22-2004, 06:26 PM

States that DONT require a front plate:

Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana (WERD), Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia
Im not sure where you found that but I live in Idaho and you have to have a front plate. i get pulled over all the time for it.

Old 08-22-2004, 06:56 PM
NTX
HCF Member

That must be new. I have a list of states that don't require them and Idaho is on it.

Quick Reply: License Plate Question?