General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Lights on Speakers?

Old 04-15-2009, 11:18 AM
HCF Member
Default Lights on Speakers?

About a year ago i bought some speakers for my civic. nothing special the cheapest set they had at walmart. i just needed to replace the blown out stock ones. but the ones i bought have lights on them and i never hooked them up cause they didnt come with the wires for them. i dont know if someone stole them out of the box at the time i wasnt worried that the tape was ripped off the box. i was just wondering how to hook up the lights? it seems pretty simple the lights came with the same set up as the audio on the back off the speaker. im working on finding a pic.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:53 AM
HCF Member

subs or speakers? Cause if its on the speakers, aren't you just going to see a glow from behind a grille?

If they're subs, are they DUAL brand subs? Pics would be really helpful lol

Old 04-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Recognized HCF Member

the lights shouldnt be wired into the audio signal.... i think the audio quality would sacrifice....

IMO leave them not wired up....
but if you want to its simple power and ground wire to a fused power source.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:00 PM
HCF Member

Fuses are overrated

Old 04-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well if you think fuses are overrated then you might as well go buy some whinies and some sticks and go lite your car on fire and cook some dogs.....
youd be suprised how much damage a simple short can do! because if that one wire gets shorted out on any sharp edge it will glow red and turn very hot which can easily melt into any stock wires its routed around which doesnt take much to keep making more and more shorts smoking all the wires in its path and frying your electrical components.

trust me and others! if you use some kinda fuse IF a problem happens later down the road it will be well worth it the few bucks for the inline fuse holder and fuse!
i wouldnt even joke about not using fuses for anything aftermarket!!!!!
my high school friend had her amplifier wire short out which lit her car on fire, luckely there was a garden hose right there and able to put the fire out to cool the wires and also ripping off a battery terminal. BUT it still fried her computer and cost her about 1,500bucks to get the problem fixed! just think about it..... 5-30dollar fuse depending on your style and power rating compared to the cost of a new car... because chances are you wont have a garden hose available when the problem happens and also when it happens you fill freak out giving it even longer to burn outta control.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:19 PM
HCF Member

^+1 Oh believe me i know fuses are important. I was just kidding.

Fuses can save you A LOT of money, time, and heartbreak

Old 04-16-2009, 02:35 PM
HCF Member

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA280_.jpg

i hve the round ones in the back of a 95 dx in the spot for the stock speakers. there
6.5" dual illumnites speakers not subs. on the back it has a seperate hook up for the lights but the same as any speaker i mean the two hooks that the cables go onto i cant get a pick of the back but how big of a fuse would i need? also my friend hooked his amp up to his battery should he use a fuse for that?

Old 04-16-2009, 02:51 PM
HCF Member

HELL YES he should use a fuse for that!!! NEVER......never...ever run an amp without at least one inline fuse in the power wire. Not only could you blow your amp, but like addiction said, you could burn you car down, and hurt yourself

Old 04-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Recognized HCF Member

and put the fuse within 6inches from the power source! where ever your getting the power from.... either on the fuse box or on the battery.

if you put the fuse any further away from the power source then its still a posible risk of setting your car on fire.... it doesnt take to much of a short for it to lite the car on fire and spread fast! the closer the fuse is the safer it is.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:19 AM
HCF Member

ok thanks and the battery in his car keeps dieing i dont know if it did before the amp was hooked up but the amp getting hooked up would probably drain the battery right?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lights on Speakers?