General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Lights on Speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Recognized HCF Member

with a battery getting drained after a amplifier install, you need to check out the amplifiers terminals and make sure that NO strands of the power wire can touch the remote turn on wire or terminal or even the ground.

even if one tiny hair strand is crossed onto the remote turn on wire or terminal it will keep the amplifier ON overnight which can easily drain your battery... ive done it before

one thing i do to prevent it is put the power wire in first and once its put into the terminal after i do my best to get all the wires inside the terminal then i wrap the wire and terminal with electrical tape to be sure that no other wires can touch the bear wires. after thats wrapped up you do the next wire the same. sure it doesnt look very good BUT theirs no possible way the wires can short out.

amplifiers with the square mounting terminals are hard to get all the strands inplace with no stray wires. if you dont like the electrical tape around the terminals then get some crimp on connectors to crimp onto the wires themselves and then put the connectors into the amplifier terminal. but you still want to be sure that no stray wires on the connectors can touch each other if there is bear wires poking out.