General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Looking for an 07 Civic Maintenance Schedule

Old 06-17-2007, 09:23 AM
HCF Member
Default Looking for an 07 Civic Maintenance Schedule

I just bought my Civic 8 days ago. One thing I noticed while flipping through my manual was there really was no break down of when you actually had to do maintenance. I know in my Galant it had it broken down to the T. 3k, do this, 5k, do this, 10k, do this.... All they have in my manual are these "Maintenance Minders". So, I was wondering if anybody had a detailed breakdown of exactly what Hondas maintenance schedule is for the 07 Civic.

Thanks.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:23 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Looking for an 07 Civic Maintenance Schedule

I have the 06 Civic Coupe LX with 28,000 miles on it.

There is what is called the Maintenance Minder.

If you push the reset button on the left side of the dash, where the trip meter resets, if you push it twice it will show the oil change percentage left. I have decided to change the oil when it gets down to about 20 % because that is about 7 or8,000 miles.

I have found that I don't need to do anything unless the odometer has a code in it. The owners manual talks about the codes and they just show up whenever they are programed in the computer.

When a service is needed, when you start the car it will show the code and not the mileage and will stay that way until you push the reset button. It will reappear when you start the car the next time unless the dealer resets it. I have a service manual but haven't read how that is done yet.
It gets annoying to push the reset button everytime I start the car when it is time for a service.

Just drive it and let the computer tell you when you need service.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Recognized HCF Member

I don't think it's just a simple preset number of miles. The computer also looks at how hard you drive, how long you idle, etc. Does it really have to go back to the dealer to reset this? Man I really like the old ones that were just four wheels and an engine.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:37 PM
HCF Member

I kind of figured there was no set time frame. Just Honda's way of getting more money out of our pockets.[sm=sigh.gif]

Old 06-20-2007, 04:34 PM
HCF Member

Actually it says on the manual how to reset the computer, after you performed the service on it.
Lol and welcome to owning a honda.......where its so reliable you wont even need to do too much to it to keep it running, just make sure you keep the maintenance minder up to date, and change the oil when needed

Old 06-20-2007, 04:51 PM

yeah i change my oil when its at 20 percent.even though the manual says wait til 15 percent. which ends up being 7500 miles. 1 year and only paid 56 dollars for service.

Old 06-20-2007, 05:07 PM
HCF Member

Cool, thanks for the help guys. I knew about the maintenance minders. I'm just a little OCD about maintenance on my car, as well as a couple other things, and like to have a set schedule for all the maintenance stuff.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Recognized HCF Member

You could do it on a set schedule as long as it is shorter than the computer wants you to. Nothing wrong with changing the oil every 3000 miles or when you get bored.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:21 PM
HCF Member

06coupe: My experience is similar to yours. My standard reply is "what maintenance". The next owner will (maybe) get to do some.

Don't forget to check your tire pressure regularly. Fill up the gas tank every 400 miles or so, also.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Default Dealer overservicing-charging

CAUTION The Honda Owner's Manual maintenance schedule may differ from what your dealer tries to get you to have done. I asked for a A1 servicing in accordance with the Maintenance Minder on my 07 Hybrid. The manual calls for an oil change and tire rotation. I advised the dealer that I did not require the tire rotation as I would be changing to winter tires in a couple of weeks. The dealer said I should have it done nontheless, because they also do that very important tire pressure check. I informed him a proper tire pressure check could only be done when the tires were cold, and they definitely would not be cold after my half hour drive at highway speed to the dealership. He expressed surprise at the tires needing to be cold to properly check pressure (imagine). He still tried to get me to have the tires rotated because it was part of their special deal for $102. Through further questioning I discovered that they would also be replacing the air filter element and the dust and pollen filter, which he said should be done every 24,000 kms. I pointed out that the Manual states that only this applies where driving in dusty conditions or in sooty environments caused by industry or diesel vehicles. These conditions do not apply for me here (Moncton, NB).
Anyway, calling back a couple of days later, I asked that I be scheduled for an oil change only. I had the work done and then noticed that I was also charged for an oil filter. The manual does not call for a filter change. I ended up getting into a squabble about this with the service manager who insisted that they always change the filter when changing the oil. He even asked that I show him the Manual requirement, which I did. He then refunded the price of the filter.
The long and short of it is that instead of having to spend $102.00, I spent $44.34. I also had Honda Canada confirm that none of the three filters the dealer wanted to replace had to be replaced. You are free to draw your own conclusions about the integrety of this dealer, and may also wish to monitor closely the work performed on your car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for an 07 Civic Maintenance Schedule