General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Looking at a 2000 Si, shoud I buy??

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 05:50 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Looking at a 2000 Si, shoud I buy??

yeah i would SERIOUSLY go for what, great price. not too crazy miles either.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:02 PM
June 2010 ROTM

Cool cool, I'll be bringing my camera tomorrow and snap some pictures. When he posted the ad for the car, he only have the exterior shot in the ad. I found the other two by editing the link (they're from photobucket). He said he bought it without talking with his wife and she has been pissed about it since.

I'm pumped to see it! Moew, I have to get my bargaining face on (aka semi-lowballing face)... ...some of you know about that. Let's just say I can sell an anorexic girl fat injections.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:57 PM
HCF Member

It seems like a great deal Bro. The headrests don't seem OEM. Maybe the picture quality it's not good due too a bad camera

Old 04-16-2008, 07:07 PM
mxs
HCF Member

^ the entire front seats are upholstered in non-OEM fabric (if they even are the original seats, they could be out of an Integra or something)

Old 04-16-2008, 08:09 PM
June 2010 ROTM

^Bingo MXS! The front seats are from a DC tegi. Weird, I just got some tegi seats for my car (which ROCK btw, Lumbar FTW).

Old 04-16-2008, 09:04 PM
HCF Member

Sounds fishy, but like everyone said, go and take a real good look at it, and drive it around to see if everything is working right. And if it passes definitively get it, you will love the si (but hate the gas prices lol)

Old 04-16-2008, 09:56 PM
HCF Member

addiction2bass: only other thing i might worry about is the speedo... the TENTH number is stuck half way..... that seems odd to me. that may mean posible rollback milage.. just a MAYBE. could just be a screwie cluster.
id carfax it still tho.
My Prelude SH, and my Civic EX both do that sometimes, and it eventually fixes itself a few miles later...

Civic Si 00:It seems like a great deal Bro. The headrests don't seem OEM. Maybe the picture quality it's not good due too a bad camera
Didn't the SI headrests have a hole in them like that? In my EX they are solid.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya just dont let your GAMEFACE keep you from looking at the car really well!!!! afew things sound odd... sounds to me like it might be a salvage title/theft recovery.......

keep your smarts and use caution.......

Old 04-17-2008, 03:09 PM
HCF Member

Look at the finish around the screws on the gauge faces; looks messed up like the cluster was disassembled for some reason. Just something I noticed. Could be that the previous owner riced out the cluster and this guy tried to put it back the way it should be.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:48 PM
June 2010 ROTM

Well, I got to see it a test drive it...

...I offered 5000 cash (which would be paid the next day) and he said yes. I wrote a check for $50 to hold it. And guess what, he flippin' sold it on me!!! He says he got 5,600 from a guy that checked it out right after me. He said he ripped up my check. So I'm crossing my fingers on that. And yes, I know that I legally could sue and get the car for 5000 becaue we had a verbal agreement and downpayment was given, but I don't want to deal with that.

It might be for the best though, here's why...

-Almost every bushing on the car was toast. The engine mounts were basically gone.
-It definitely was in an accident in the front AND rear.
-All the tail light were non-OEM, both inners were DEPO and the ds outer was TYC. He pulled the, "really?! no way!"
-One headlight was replaced and the other was foggy as hell.
-The rotors were crap, warped and in need of replacement.
-The shocks were ALL shot. It was like driving a boat.
-The shifter felt as loose as a 50 year old woman with 12 kids. (again, all bushings were nasty)
-Trailing arm bushing were cracked and nasty.
-No donut or tools.
-DC tegi seats were held in with hopes and dreams. The passenger's side only had 1 bolt in it!!
-Armrest was held on with a paperclip
-DS window fell off the track EVERY time I tried to close in. It took the guy selling the 2 minutes to get it closed properly.
-Both door panels were f***ed up royally. The ps panel had the carpet covering it but it was broken underneath.
-Tie rods and ball joints needed to be replaced
-He couldn't find the rebuild receipts, surprise surprise.
-Small oil leak, that after I pointed it out he brushed off as if there wasn't a leak.
-Exterior had 2-3 dings and chips.
-Sorta-fit, I mean, certifit bumpers and hood were not properly fitted or aligned.
-DS inner fender was ripped in half, half being gone.
-No mudflaps
-Needed an aligment
-Rear seats were not mounted on.
-And it had a CEL
-It had a rusty @$$ front camber kit (no name)

That's all that I can think of off the top of my head.

Quick Reply: Looking at a 2000 Si, shoud I buy??