General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Looking for a little advice..

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 11:55 AM
HCF Member
Default Looking for a little advice..

I got a 1993 Civic DX Coupe with a H23a1 in it...i got it as is (i didnt do the swap)...just looking for general advice...do i have a good set up or i should get a b series that everyone is going crazy over...

Old 05-22-2012, 01:31 AM
The Man

I'm pretty sure thats a non vtec motor...

don't go b with that, just find an h22 head and swap it, change the ecu
and call it a day?

hahaha then simple bolt ons

Old 05-22-2012, 08:56 AM

H series has much more potential than a B16 or something due to the extra displacement. I would consider finding a H22 block. I have heard horror stories with H23's if they are revved too high. I love my H22 swap Well, at least now I do since all the bugs have been worked out.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:40 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
H series has much more potential than a B16 or something due to the extra displacement. I would consider finding a H22 block. I have heard horror stories with H23's if they are revved too high. I love my H22 swap Well, at least now I do since all the bugs have been worked out.
what bugs did you have...i have problems like vibrations and axle clearance...im also considering the head swap...but turbo is in the back of my head...so im torn between the two...its just tho horror story scares me also and ppl seem to lean towards b series...

Old 05-22-2012, 11:09 AM

Well some of the issues were product faults, clearance issues, ****ty wiring work done by a shop, etc etc. Here is a quick list of problems I had to deal with.

- Axles binding. I am running an Accord half shaft and 90-93 Integra axles now with no binding. However, I was sitting too low and they creak and make noise now. no biggie though. I have the lifetime axle plan from autozone or w/e. I used to run Hasport mounts with Hasport axles, binding around turns, bumps and ~35 mph.

- Innovative mounts not being correct. Caused axle issues, alternator placement issues, just a crap product in general. Hasports were MUCH better.

- Wiring issues were solves by buying a Rywire tucked complete harness. Stupid shop people half assing everything.

Take a look at my project thread from about a year ago until now to see everything I had to go through. The amount of money I have spent is simply retarded.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:07 PM
HCF Member

The amount of money I have spent is simply retarded.
hahhaa lol

Old 05-23-2012, 02:20 PM
HCF Member

Well some of the issues were product faults, clearance issues, ****ty wiring work done by a shop, etc etc. Here is a quick list of problems I had to deal with.

- Axles binding. I am running an Accord half shaft and 90-93 Integra axles now with no binding. However, I was sitting too low and they creak and make noise now. no biggie though. I have the lifetime axle plan from autozone or w/e. I used to run Hasport mounts with Hasport axles, binding around turns, bumps and ~35 mph.

- Innovative mounts not being correct. Caused axle issues, alternator placement issues, just a crap product in general. Hasports were MUCH better.

- Wiring issues were solves by buying a Rywire tucked complete harness. Stupid shop people half assing everything.

Take a look at my project thread from about a year ago until now to see everything I had to go through. The amount of money I have spent is simply retarded.
well I just put 92 Integra axles n shaft in, refilled gear oil n drove home...(car felt loose)...but ill see how it go...