General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

man i love pull a part junk yard!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default man i love pull a part junk yard!

i just got back from pullapart junk yard and bought quite a bit of parts and only paid like 28bucks.

only downfall the one brace that i bought...... WAS THE WRONG SIDE i cannt believe i did that! so now i gotta go back tomorow after work... i got home unloaded all the parts and then put the piece infront of my car and said.... O CRAP I BOUGHT THE WRONG SIDE!!! im still kicken my own @ss over that no brainer! and it was the first part i took off!!!!

plus the lady that rang me up was cool as hell and didnt charge me for afew things.LOL

i bought a 96-98 audio center console with heater controls and hazard buttons.
the mirror trim covers both sides.
cup holder and radio pocket.
front bumper cover brace, tho wrong side.
cig lighter plug.
both sunvisors, not so good shape but im using them to try recovering them so i dont mess up my good ones.
front inner splash shield on one side.

all for only 28bucks so thats a steal... im gonna go back tomorow and see what other parts are still there and im gonna grab them and posibly sell them on ebay or something.
its a 4door and motor tranny already gone. front end kinda smashed up. and both bumper covers off. ac parts just chopped off. but i can get the cluster, center console, the right bumper brace.LOL
posibly all 4wheels stock steelies, tho i only need one but if i get all 4 i can have a fullsize spare tire, and slap winter tires on two of the wheels. only like 6bucks per wheel.... the tires where all balled but no big deal since i just need the steelies and just get new tires.
i dont see how they make any money. LMFAO
im gonna keep hitting this place up looking for parts and hell if i dont need em ill put em up for sale on ebay and try to make some extra money!

so if ya guys have a pullapart near you. check em out!
http://www.pullapart.com/Locations/Main.aspx
costs a buck to get in for admission. and they charge some lame 1.70 environmental charge.LOL but for the price ya pay for the parts is a steal!
i just hope no one else gets any parts from it tomorrow while im at work.LOL it just came in yesterday. and i got most the dash already ripped apart from figuring out how to remove that audio console. i thought it would be easy as hell to pull out since i pulled mine out of my 96 already once.... turns out the guy that did my car didnt put half the screws back in.LOL was hell pulling those top switches out to find the screws behind them! i was about to chop the dash apart trying to figure it out.LOL
big PITA to pull that audio console out!

only downfall about this place is there import section is VERY SMALL! i was going to look around more but i wanted to make sure i got the parts i wanted first and then i had my hands full.... and to think i only went there to get that bumper brace and sunvisors.LOL

if only 4door power windows would fit a 2door

i thought i was gonna spend about 50-100bucks. LMFAO HUGE SCORE!
tomorrow im gonna return there and see what else i can get! and also shop around at other cars.... sure beats the hell outta my local junk yard prices!

Name:  civicparts-1.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  135.1 KB
Name:  civicparts-2.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  154.9 KB

Last edited by addiction2bass; 10-21-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:27 PM
HCF Member

I love pull[a-part, but all of our beaners have already stripped the Honda's/Acura's by the time I get there.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

gotta love those junk yards!

We have a very similar junk yard here in Maryland called Crazy Rays. Cost a buck to get in and for example I found an Integra with four KYB AGX adjustable gas struts with Eibach pro line springs on them, got the whole set for $80.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i love it how pullapart has a EMAIL ALERT when the car comes in that you want.
mine came in yesterday and i got a email this morning on my phone... 1st time i ever went to this place since this was the only 96-00 civic they got in.

funny thing was after i got there maybe 1/2hour later some other kid came from the office and walked around the civic looked under the hood while i was pullen stuff out the interior and just just walked around and walked back out. LOL either he wanted the motor/tranny or either the bumpers that where missing or maybe he parts that i already pulled. LMFAO funny! they said they probably got the car without a motor in it since they buy them like that often.... i just wish they had more hondas. they had afew older hondas but not to many people want parts from them.
tomorrow im gonna do alot more looking around! i just didnt want to end up in rush hour traffic. they even have wheel barrels there to wheel the parts around in BUT I DIDNT SEE THEM when i went out there.LOL i saw them when i was walking in with my hands overfilled so it was to late.LOL

i wish it had ABS so i could pull the front brakes spindles to upgrade to ex brakes.....
but just as long as no one buys that brace i need for the bumper cover tomorrow ill be happy! but ill still keep an eye out for more civics to hurry over and gut what i can....
might be a nice way to make alittle money myself on the side....

o dang i forgot about looking for some nice struts.... the one i seen was just stock tho. i noticed it when i looked at the muffler. if i didnt have one already id buy it as well.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:32 PM
HCF Member

Junkyards are awesome. I've got half of my turbo setup from them, and I've only spent 75 bucks lol. Around here the junkyards change rapidly. Oh wait... you are from around here lol. Addiction what pull-a-part did you go to? I usually go to pick-a-part, and one week they had 7 eg civics and the next only 1. You have to go often to beat the mexicaanos to the parts lol.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LOL ya my other friend said that pick a part was about the same as well but im not sure where that place is at or if they have a online database saying what they got instock vehicle wise. the pullapart is cool that they send me a email...

do they have a website?
now you better not go there and take the brace i need.LMFAO
i could have used alot of EG parts for my old eg but i will never get a eg project car again! to much of a PITA with my last 94ex.... now its 96-00. i wish they got a 99-00civic so i could get the center console and electronic heater box! only downfall with that would be pulling the whole dash apart to get it out thats for sure! that would need to be almost a whole days work figuring out how to rip that sucker out!

but this place beats the hell outta my old junk yards i always went to before! hell i paid like10bucks for a lame @ss emblem for my old towncar along time ago!
i think im gonna buy the whole console from the civic tomorrow as well.... the arm rest is covered in some lame @ss 4door material but ill be recovering it anyways in tweed so it should be all good. plus i already stole one of the blank buttons out of it for my 99. LOL

Last edited by addiction2bass; 10-21-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:05 PM
HCF Member

I think pick-a-part may be bigger, and they only charge you for about half of what you take lol. But they don't keep any sort of record as far as cars, if you ask they tell you to go outside and look. I went there about 3 weeks ago and they had 2 ek's that were 99-00, but they probably don't any more.

Oh I went to the pick-a-part thats by the old baseball stadium in indy. Sometimes I go to the pull a part on west washington street.

Oh and school is over at 11 tomorrow so I'll head up around noon to take your brace.

Last edited by bigolsackapoo; 10-21-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Recognized HCF Member

hell i didnt know they had 2 around town....
hell only one shows on yellowpages.com and its got several reviews that says there parking is all jacked up and not organized..... hell pullapart place was bad enough for me to find the car i was looking for but just because i didnt know there rows where numbered on the end of the row.LOL and the no headlights or bumper covers made it hard to point out.LOL im going back tomorrow after work so dont try to get my parts

how is pickaparts pricing? is it listed or do they just make up a price when i bring the part to check out?
id love to make my 96 a 99-00 heater controls! my 96 controls suck like my controls dont react to well and the temp slide controls suck because i have to turn the fan off or low to i can move the temp **** past half way.... it sucks! just a constant PITA when i turn the heat up or down!

Old 10-21-2008, 05:27 PM
HCF Member

Pick a part has a price sheet, but if they don't know what you have they just choose something that looks like it lol. My intercooler was a "heater core" that cost $10.

And there is almost no organization at pick a part. There is the import section, then each of the big 3 has a section. All hondas are just strewn about throughout the section.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:43 PM

we have a pull a part type junkyard in my city, but it sucks because there's barely any Hondas. They used to have a ton a couple years ago, I guess they've cleaned it out a lot. Not only that, but I drive a Del Sol, and they have 3 of them total, and the parts I want (electric lock mechanisms) are impossible to get out because the doors are jammed from the wrecks they were in... and then one of the Sols has a wasps nest in it! I pulled a part out of it by reaching through the broken window and carefully getting the part without getting stung.

Quick Reply: man i love pull a part junk yard!