General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

man i love pull a part junk yard!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member

yeah.... day 2 and no one touched the civic. picked up most of the parts i already had layed in the back seat.
cluster, arm rest, front console, THE RIGHT front bumper cover brace.LOL radiator overflow bottle and bracket since mine where both damaged, and the stock front silencer box.
and also bought a taillight for friends bmw, and some cadillac taillights..... id like to go back and buy all there good caddy taillights and clean them up and sell them
i paid 11bucks for both tailights, bulb sockets and chrome bezels.

im seriously thinking about installing them on the civic... id have to do some more thinking since shaving the taillights is a pretty big job! but after i sand and shine them up i know i can make some good money from them on a truck forum i believe i paid like 60-70bucks for a set afew years ago when i had my truck. of course i could put them on my 93chevy pickup truck as well. shaving them is very easy. and i would like a nice truck again.
the console is really dirty. but hopefully it will clean up nicely....
Name:  civicparts2-10.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  144.9 KB
Name:  civicparts2-09.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  129.7 KB
Name:  civicparts2-08.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  114.0 KB
Name:  civicparts2-07.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  145.7 KB
Name:  civicparts2-01.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  144.2 KB
i spent 80bucks this time but still a very good deal since i should be able to get 50-60bucks for the caddy taillights along, 50-60 for the cluster.

i also bought some other sunvisors for my dads project he is thinking about doing, and a taillight for a friend at work just to be nice.
i tried to get a gas pump for my dads blazer but i didnt have enough tools to drop the gas tank i need to bring either some large vis grips or a adjustable wrench. it needs the whole sending unit and pump to get it running again. and oddly enough i couldnt find a tire iron in any car out there. LMFAO if i could have found one i could have used it to hold the nuts so i could drop the gas tank on a s10.
tho i think ill wait to go back until theres another 96-00civic new on the lot.... they had lots of s10 trucks out there!

Old 10-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

^^^ I'll give you $80 for everything you just bought in that post

lol

Old 10-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Recognized HCF Member

you can buy the cluster just about everything else im gonna use....
i gotta clean all this stuff up to see what kinda shape its really in! the arm rest console is on the fence if cleaning it will be enough or not..... but i only paid 7bucks for it. LMFAO and i did need one of those blank inserts for my 99 since im gonna try to sell it this winter as stock as posible!

tho i can always custom fiberglass the front console to fit my double din alpine radio for the 96, tho id loose my cup holder. so id have to also customize the console arm rest to put a cup it in.

man i love this junk yard place most expensive part was the cluster for 20bucks.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:45 PM

I wish there were good pull aparts in Arkansucks. Can we start a "look for this for me while you're at the junk yard" thread?

Old 10-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Recognized HCF Member

guess i could have.LOL
just look at there site and look at there inventory to see what they got available and let me know to look for that part. as long as i get a few bucks out the deal its all good to me i wish i lived close to that place.LOL id go there every day looking for parts, research ebay and see what these parts go for and see if i can make some money myself.
http://www.pullapart.com/ im at INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana. there import sections is pretty small but they have a HUGE gm section!

also there sign said they currently pay 90bucks per ton... how much is a civic weigh? what 1 ton.LOL means that 97civic they got the guy probably only got 75bucks for it since no motor or tranny..... man id never sell a car that cheap with good parts in it.LOL

Last edited by addiction2bass; 10-22-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:57 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by itinerant
I wish there were good pull aparts in Arkansucks. Can we start a "look for this for me while you're at the junk yard" thread?
I don't see why not. The only thing is that how would it benifit someone in Florida if I say "I got a....." and I'm in indy

If that were to work we would have to divide it into regional sections, and that seems like a ****-ton of work. But if someone is up to the challenge it would be a nice thread.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya that would be a nice thread to have different areas for the pullapart.... easy since there vehicles are listed online. not the parts so its still a coin flip if its gone already, but they do have the date the car went into the yard so that could help, also email alerts for new vehicles that you chose!

i hear that pickapart is good pricing but not organized very much at all.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by bigolsackapoo
I don't see why not. The only thing is that how would it benifit someone in Florida if I say "I got a....." and I'm in indy

If that were to work we would have to divide it into regional sections, and that seems like a ****-ton of work. But if someone is up to the challenge it would be a nice thread.
depends what it is
you can ship small stuff across the country for less than $10
if you can fit it in a USPS flat rate box, no matter the weight, you can either ship it for $9.50 or $12 something (depending on what box you use), all the way across the country

Old 10-22-2008, 06:18 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
depends what it is
you can ship small stuff across the country for less than $10
if you can fit it in a USPS flat rate box, no matter the weight, you can either ship it for $9.50 or $12 something (depending on what box you use), all the way across the country
But wouldn't that just be the "wanted" section of the hcf classifieds?

Old 10-22-2008, 06:21 PM

My experience is that when you post something in a wanted section, all people do is say "check ebay" or "go to a junk yard and get it". Maybe if we just changed the name and added regional sub-forums...

Quick Reply: man i love pull a part junk yard!