General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

manual driving tips

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 07:16 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: manual driving tips

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

[
Actually on stronger cars like the camaro, its kinda easier because you just have to release the clutch slowly and the car will go even without pressing the gas. on a civic it will go just a little bit but its not as easy. So like everyone says, just practise and youll get it.
(p.s. dont practise in the rain. i did so many burnouts it wasnt even funny)

[/quote]

ya thats true camaro had enough torque and so did my s10 zr2, it was my crx that was the worst yup just practice and your going to want a good clutch

Old 09-02-2007, 01:58 PM
HCF Member

my civic has a stage 5 clutch so i can slip it all day long and its fine my dad made me practice for an hour by rolling down the driveway and using only the clutch to stop me it was really hard but got the hang of it

Old 09-02-2007, 02:45 PM
HCF Member

said it before and i'll say it again, head to a large parking lot (sports complex's are great, provided nothings going on) and just practice shifting w/o gas... in the town i was practicing, i could go down one side, get it into 3rd, stop, turn get to 2nd, stop turn get to 3rd again and stop on a hill, etc.... granted there was no slalom to have fun with, but helped remove the edge for learning how to drive in city.

so if ya can find some place like that and just practice till yer outta gas, fill back up, and keep practicing!
btw its also probably good for you to get the feel for the clutch, soo try a few times getting it into gear from a stop w/o gas... try to get it to the point where the car doesn't shudder much when doing this... you'll put a bit more wear on the clutch, but you get the feel for it like nothing i've found so far.

PS i've been learning how to drive my manual for 2 months now... only stalled recently when i hadta break fast (some kids ball went flying onto the street) and when i was going up my parking garage ramp... hafta almost get it upto 4k rpm to stop it from stalling on that hill... its a pita

Old 09-02-2007, 03:16 PM
HCF Member

i know i just need more practice but i gotta get a new tb to fix my bad idle first cause its really hard to learn to drive when ur tryin to start and ur car is revvin up and down lol

Old 09-02-2007, 03:22 PM
HCF Member

lol yeah... i can see why...