General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Manual window won't roll up/down

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Default Manual window won't roll up/down

I have a 2000 Civic DX with manual windows and power locks. I rolled the window down last night and something broke. It won't roll up or down. It still slides on the tracks. I removed the door panel. I don't see any broken pieces in the bottom of the door. I seems like there is a lot of slack in the cables that move the window up and down the track. My manual doesn't have any pictures as to how this is set up. Any ideas on the possible problem?
My second problem, while I'm there, I think my power lock actuator is bad. The remote works sometimes but not all the time. The drivers side seems to be the problem. It also doesn't work as well on hot days. How can I test this or remove and replace this? Again my manual fails to help me here.
Thanks Brian

Old 05-15-2010, 02:00 PM

just joined this forum to try and find an answer to this question. i have a similar experience with the op with the manual window crank. one day while rolling the window up, i heard/felt a crack on the handle and now it won't roll up or down, yet the window is still sliding on the track. there is slack on the cables controlling the window but i can't see around behind the door metal frame.

does anyone have a diagram of what the manual window apparatus looks like?