General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

maybe a new civic in the family in the future?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 05:21 PM
HCF Member
Default maybe a new civic in the family in the future?

alright, so my little brother is looking for a civic (particularly an eg hatch), and it needs to be a 5 speed. when i was looking, i found a local used dealer that is selling an eg with 190,000 miles. the mileage isn't a concern because we'll be swapping out for a b16 sir or gsr or something. the only thing i saw that was cosmetically damaged was the front right fender (not horrible) and the drivers side leather seat is ripped (which he wants racing seats anyway). and we might have to make a few trips to the junkyard for misc. parts and whatnot. so i was wondering if this is an ok price.

something like this for 2500. (note, this is not the vehicle, but the one we are looking at is identical and the same color). i'm thinking i can probably negotiate down to about 2250 maybe. is this an ok deal?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...amp;cardist=10

and here's another one (this will be a nice spoon eg replica )

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...amp;cardist=40

Old 07-30-2007, 05:34 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: maybe a new civic in the family in the future?

siiiiiiick, get him up on the forum

Old 07-30-2007, 06:30 PM
HCF Member

actually, i think he's already on here (eghatchboy or something like that). but he's never posted and he doesn't go on here.
(he's more of a myspace/aim/youtube kinda kid, lol) he really just wants an eg with a swap and few other mundane items.
so if he were to get something like these, he could get the car and the swap for about 5k and have pretty fast little ride. he's only 14 (lol)
so he's not gonna be able to drive for a while. but it will be good because we can work on it for a year without worrying about it not being on the road and drivable.

p.s. sorry for the huge *** post, i'm not quite sure how to hyperlink the websites on this forum yet.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:12 PM
HCF Member

ave to remmember that even though you will be swaping the motor. The chasis has the same amount of miles on it. So look very carefully throughout the whole care before you buy it. And as always try offering less money and see if he is willing to negotiate.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:54 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

ave to remmember that even though you will be swaping the motor. The chasis has the same amount of miles on it. So look very carefully throughout the whole care before you buy it. And as always try offering less money and see if he is willing to negotiate.
lol, and you think i didn't know that, lol. i know what i'm doing and know what i'm looking for, i'm just not familiar with the prices on eg's considering i've never bought one. and the only things on the car that would need replacing are: wheels, tires, struts, springs, brakes, tune up parts, clutch, waterpump, timing belt, and such. but with the swap, and suspension and brakes we'll being putting on, that leaves a very little list of things that might need replacing. i kelly blue book'd one with 190,000 miles and it said like $2850, but like i said about the damage, i believe i can low ball him with about 2250 or so, which is pretty good i'm guessing for a shell in decent condition with a full interior and motor.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:56 PM
HCF Member

Lol your gonna replace everything on the car. lucky 14 year old

Old 07-30-2007, 09:23 PM

Longer links please

Old 07-30-2007, 10:10 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: TBon3

Longer links please
tell me about it, it's pissin' me off too, lol.

and cyber, we're replacing the motor, tranny, brakes, and suspension parts, those are majority of the car. he wants it to besort of asleeper. i mean, the car should cost about 2500, the motor should be about 2500, the suspension and brakes and everything else should be about 2500. so 7500 bucks invested into a 175 hp eg is not bad considering we're going to cover all performance aspects.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:36 AM

^ lucky kid and u must have some wonderfull parents. my parent didnt want me to get a civic expecially a manual one they said im goin to be just like those other ricer kid tht goin to be racing my civic and killing my self.... well i guess only half of tht is true i do race my civic sometime but im not dead yet.

also EJ6 i really like tht white hatchback thats posted. i think its the 2nd link it looklike they took care of the white one more than they did the black.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:40 AM
HCF Member

the other one's not black, it's rather a metallic gray or something. but nevertheless, it's in a bit better condition.

Quick Reply: maybe a new civic in the family in the future?