General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Misery in Mississippi

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 07:06 PM
HCF Member
Default Misery in Mississippi

So guys, this is just a general rant about my local area.

I'm from northern Mississippi right outside Memphis, and i don't believe there's a single cool import within a million miles of me. Every single one of them are ricers 'round here. Anyhow, I can see why. Rednecks are very potent in these parts, and of course they love their trucks. Heck, even my best friend has a V8 Ls1 Firebird and gives me **** for owning an import. =S

Point is, I'm in just about the worst place for owning my style of car. lol. Thanks for listening. Give me responses about your area/friend's opinions?

Old 08-21-2008, 07:31 PM

Hi I am from Mississippi, CENTRAL MS. any way I just bought my first Civic, we are not all rednecks,but yes there are alot of truck owners. I have had to have a truck most of my life,
I raised miniature horse's and I could not pull a trailer with a small sports car, but I have always liked the Honda's, all of them !
There are alot of good people in MS with cars of all kinds, I have a good friend that ownes and has a hobby of collecting alot of imports. You will meet someone with your same interest sooner or later .

Last edited by SUEFARM; 08-21-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:37 PM

P.S. you have this forum for now so that will help, have a blessed evening

Old 08-21-2008, 07:38 PM
HCF Member

Thanks for reassuring me man. I'd love to have a truck,but there's no way I could afford gas on it with a minimum wage job. I just wish up here it wasn't all about whether or not daddy can buy you a 20,000$ GMC with a lift on it. Ya dig?

Old 08-21-2008, 09:12 PM
HCF Member

If you look hard enough you will find the right crowd. I thought all around me was rice too but theres some out there that know what they are doing

Old 08-21-2008, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by cyberx32
If you look hard enough you will find the right crowd. I thought all around me was rice too but theres some out there that know what they are doing
ditto. i thought everyone was rice around where i am, but i met a few kids who drive some sick cars, and saw this one guy in town with a really clean turbo EG hatch. some other guy has a turbo CRX but he never shows it off or anything

Old 08-22-2008, 07:26 AM

By the way I am woman

Old 08-22-2008, 08:04 AM
HCF Member

Ok point being? I live in a city that has a lot of ricers zipping around. I met a few people that liked to keep there cars clean. You'll find a group. Maybe even a women group!!!!

Old 08-22-2008, 10:48 AM
HCF Member

Yeah you would be surprised at how many women racers there are out there

Old 08-22-2008, 10:06 PM
HCF Member

I'm from Memphis, but staying right across the bridge now though in west memphis.

You should go to memphis, there are some clean imports. Go to rivergate, or presidents island. Those are the local street racing spots and are always poppin' saturday nights.

Quick Reply: Misery in Mississippi