General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Modified Exhaust Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well if your going to replace it for stock then i would fight the ticket BUT only if you already have the stock muffler on the car... simply tell them it was on the car when you bought it and you didnt like it and before you had it removed you got ticketed. they might throw out the ticket with you proving you have a stock muffler on it.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:26 PM
HCF Member

+1. That or they could reduce the price of the ticket. See it as faulty equipment that got repaired.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:15 PM
HCF Member

It would be a waste of time to lay an exhaust tag in Ontario. The complainant would just cry to the JP and it would get thrown out. I would think it would be on the onus of the crown to have your exhaust tested, obviously you would have to take it in for appt but, I would fight it for sure.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:21 AM
HCF Member

Well I finally found where to call to make a freaking appt.
So I am getting it tested on Tues. Hopefully it passes and I wont be fined and I can say **** you to the stupid cop. LOL

Old 08-14-2009, 01:31 AM
HCF Member

damn, where in cali do you live? I have never gotten b!tched at about my exhaust and I have been pulled over too many times to count. Honestly that CHP officer had way better things to do, but w/e ur exhaust must have been really loud to catch his attention.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by headphones
Well I finally found where to call to make a freaking appt.
So I am getting it tested on Tues.
good!

Originally Posted by headphones
and I can say **** you to the stupid cop. LOL
bad! Just walk away if your exhaust is legal. It's not like he can't pull you over again in the future for something else! lol

Old 08-14-2009, 07:08 AM
HCF Member

Where'd you get pulled over at? I mean, if you were rattling windows in a residential district, I could understand him nailing you for it, but if you're out in the middle of nowhere on the highway, I bet he pulled you over to see if he could get you on anything else while you were there. ****ty end of the deal there, but as long as you get out of the ticket, it serves as a good learning experience for the rest of us.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:29 PM
HCF Member

Well, I got pulled over going down a vacant street by Cal State University San Marcos around 11pm. It happened to be a University Officer that pulled me over. So it wasn't like I got any complaints or that I was keeping anyone up. He tried to get me on other stuff like saying "You didn't signal your turn soon enough." and "Whats that gunk on your license plate?" [ As if I was trying to hide my license plate number...] I just pretty much was honest and said, "Its just the reflective coat coming off." He was a dick.

Not that all cops are. Earlier today a cop was tailing me and I was pretty sure he was going to turn his lights on, but luckily some guy sped past me and got pulled over instead. At least some cops know whats right and whats wrong.

In my area, racers and just car enthusiasts get pulled over constantly. Cops hate us. I don't do anything illegal, but I get pulled over just cause of my car. It sucks.

Well, I have heard louder cars than mine, so I am pretty sure it is legal. Ill keep you guys updated when i get it tested.

Last edited by headphones; 08-15-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:41 AM

Just be nice and tell them your muffler broke or some bullsh*t and hope they'll keep letting you off lol

Old 04-06-2011, 05:53 PM
The Man

we live close to each other! i have gotten pulled over twice already in 2 weeks and i tell them i just bought the car and they say okay, have a nice day haha

Quick Reply: Modified Exhaust Ticket