General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

more coilover help

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 06:52 PM
HCF Member

My car is already lowered an inch n a half , and the '17s barely fit without rubbing as is so ... Yeah lol

Old 01-30-2012, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by jayrdee
But the thing is, I'm running 205/40 '17s and they're bigger than my stock wheels. I measured the distance between the wheel and fender and with the drop, if im on my '17s theyd be literally inside the fender. So basically I'm thinking my wheels are too big for the drop im going for?
My car is already lowered an inch n a half , and the '17s barely fit without rubbing as is so ... Yeah lol
Sounds like you have the incorrect offset for your wheels then. You can be lowered way more than you are on 17's and not have rubbing issues. The member Reaper on this forum is a good example of it with his car. Another factor would be how stiff your springs are but for a moderate drop, if you're having rubbing issues, incorrect offset would be the likely cause.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:17 AM
HCF Member

i dont think the actuall offset is the problem, the tires i have are too tall. we called progress and they said the same thing. even if i clear out and roll the fenders itd still be too tall. iv been debating on selling them so its not a big deal anyway.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:37 AM
HCF Member

civicexracer kinda knows his stuff.... I'd listen to him.... but hey, do what you want.

17's are too damn big for a civic anyways, if I were you, OP, I'd get new wheels. smaller ones with the correct offset. Then, get yourself a nice set of progress coilovers and lower your car however low you feel like it. you'll be much happier in the end.

Last edited by Shandles; 02-03-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:48 PM

i dont think the actuall offset is the problem, the tires i have are too tall. we called progress and they said the same thing. even if i clear out and roll the fenders itd still be too tall. iv been debating on selling them so its not a big deal anyway.
According to TireRack, for a 2000 Civic on 17's, you have the right tire size. Incorrect offset is usually what causes tire rub, all other things being normal. I have oversized tires on my daily driver and it's lowered, I never ever rub. It's because I'm using high offset stock Del Sol wheels.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:58 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Shandles
civicexracer kinda knows his stuff.... I'd listen to him.... but hey, do what you want.

17's are too damn big for a civic anyways, if I were you, OP, I'd get new wheels. smaller ones with the correct offset. Then, get yourself a nice set of progress coilovers and lower your car however low you feel like it. you'll be much happier in the end.

Haha that's the plan! And yeah I totally agree. But I got em for uber cheap so i took the offer.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:26 PM
HCF Member

i hate to bring back an old thread but i figured i would give everyone a little update. after browsing the internet and asking 50 bajillions of questions i finally decided to go with the koni yellow/ground control setup. found a killer deal and everything is on its way. i also sold my gram lights and got a new set of wheels and tires. Pictures will be uploaded soon