General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

THE MOST MILEAGE YOU'VE SEEN ON A HONDA 4 CYLINDER!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Default RE: THE MOST MILEAGE YOU'VE SEEN ON A HONDA 4 CYLINDER!

I meant Discuss!!!!!

Old 08-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well what i was trying to say is if the car was babied for 50K miles or so the cylinders can build up a built up ridge and if the engine starts to be reved HIGHER that it used to that piston can move alittle further which will preaty much RAM into the oil rings and busting them into pieces... and to much and it will just let oil move RIGHT around the rings which will smoke like CRAZY!!!!
it wont destroy the motor... BUT it will need new rings..... and posibly to pull the head and ream every cylinder wall to remove that ridge.

i did it to my 66impalas original 327.... also did it to my dads 400block suburban motor alittle.LOL
both motors ran PERFECT and drove perfect.. BUT i just pushed the motor to hard.... no HUGE FAILURES..... BUT ANY smoke out the tailpipes looks REALY BAD.LMFAO

but if you take it easy it will last longer!
and another BUT...... its a vehicle..... as long as its not WRECKED or RUSTED AWAY.... IT CAN BE REBUILT [8D]

things break.... the only thing that makes cars DIE is the owner giving up! and weve all seen those NICE cars at the junk yards that REALY DONT DESERVE THAT SCRAP YARD DEATH!!!!!!!! then thiers those cars on the road that SHOULD BE DEAD. LMFAO

Old 08-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Stinky Administrator

the motor swap i did in my hatch the old d15b7 had over 390.000 miles but it was smoking. that was with oil changes every 3.000 miles and timing belt and water pump changes at the factory intervals

Old 08-13-2007, 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Peg_Leg

the motor swap i did in my hatch the old d15b7 had over 390.000 miles but it was smoking. that was with oil changes every 3.000 miles and timing belt and water pump changes at the factory intervals
WOW i never knew a civic engine would last tht long.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:35 PM
HCF Member

this girl i knew in college, she had an 86' and it finally died almost 1 and half years ago. She drove it from BC to Ontario 7 times, there and back... i forget just how many kms she had on it, but she babied it soooo much, and it did her well... what did she replace it with you might wonder... a 92 civic, as i recall

As i recall when she took it to a garage to get checked over(it was coughing out smoke and couldn't get above 1st gear, had no power whatsoever) her clutch was worn, tranny was on the brink of death, and as i recall the block was leaking oil. it did her good. she was told it woulda been more than the cost ofthe 92 civic (which the garage knew was for sale) than it would be to fix it up for her. She swears by em (civics), and wouldn't own anything less.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:29 AM
HCF Member

A guy who came in to autozone had a '99 DX and he said he had 450,000 miles on his car. He was getting a new battery, lol.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:09 AM
Recognized HCF Member

dang a 99........ WTF did he ever stop driving that thing.LOL thats TONS OF MILES for a 99!!! WOW someone DEFINATLY didnt wanna fly.....

Old 08-14-2007, 05:21 AM

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

well what i was trying to say is if the car was babied for 50K miles or so the cylinders can build up a built up ridge and if the engine starts to be reved HIGHER that it used to that piston can move alittle further which will preaty much RAM into the oil rings and busting them into pieces... and to much and it will just let oil move RIGHT around the rings which will smoke like CRAZY!!!!
it wont destroy the motor... BUT it will need new rings..... and posibly to pull the head and ream every cylinder wall to remove that ridge.

i did it to my 66impalas original 327.... also did it to my dads 400block suburban motor alittle.LOL
both motors ran PERFECT and drove perfect.. BUT i just pushed the motor to hard.... no HUGE FAILURES..... BUT ANY smoke out the tailpipes looks REALY BAD.LMFAO

but if you take it easy it will last longer!
and another BUT...... its a vehicle..... as long as its not WRECKED or RUSTED AWAY.... IT CAN BE REBUILT [8D]

things break.... the only thing that makes cars DIE is the owner giving up! and weve all seen those NICE cars at the junk yards that REALY DONT DESERVE THAT SCRAP YARD DEATH!!!!!!!! then thiers those cars on the road that SHOULD BE DEAD. LMFAO

thnaks. now i know not to got TOO hard on the father's mustang. i swear to god he's never been up more then 3000RPM on it. I, on the other hand, have been bringing that RPM up to 5-6000.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:51 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i did it to my dads suburban motor that was always ran easy and now it smokes alittle and he still blames me for it now almost 10years down the road.LOL

Old 08-14-2007, 07:38 AM
HCF Member

I had more than 214k on my 94 civic before I slung a rod, And he has a 99, cross country driving for him!

Quick Reply: THE MOST MILEAGE YOU'VE SEEN ON A HONDA 4 CYLINDER!