General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Mouse in car.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 01:26 AM
Default Mouse in car.

My wife has a 2004 Civic Si and there is pesky mice getting into it somewhere. I have no idea on where to start looking for where they are getting in. I caught a few with a mouse trap, but I need to block the hole where they are sneakin in.

Old 05-28-2006, 07:53 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Mouse in car.

wow this is a tuff one, mice can get in the tinist of holes...where she parks at night i would lay lots of mouse poisen all under and around the car..put a little in the trunk in a box or somthing and a little inside the car..you wont really be able to find a hole were there coming in,unless you can find rips or somthing in the carpet..but i would deffinitly put some poisin around, you dont want them chewing up wires or making a nest

Old 05-28-2006, 08:28 PM
HCF Member

i know that mice can get in through the air vents, the ones under the drives and passenger seats dont have covers on them, so that may be one place the get in... but like Mill$ said there are so many places they could get in though it isn't funny

Old 05-28-2006, 08:30 PM
HCF Member

yeah man, i watched an episode of Pimp my ride. and i actually believe it was a civic.. and they found a bunch of rat poo all throughout the car and when they tooke the control panel off, there was a live rat in there. nutssssss

Old 05-29-2006, 01:24 AM

Thanks for the tips. I will poke around under the seats and look for the mentioned vents. The poison would work except my dog, cat and kids might eat it. Man I hate mice. [:@]

Old 05-29-2006, 01:41 AM
HCF Member

Take the carpet out and spread foot powder (or some other white powdery substance that you can vacuum out easily) all over the floor. Now close all the doors and everything and spray your car with water. Make sure you get the water EVERYWHERE. Since the mouse has to be getting into the car from the outside, there is a hole. Water will also be able to get into the car through the hole so the water is going to make a trail through the powder and you should be able to see where the hole is.

Old 06-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Stinky Administrator

a friend of mine had this problem we put sun flower seeds on the floor and three glue traps and we got him

Old 06-01-2006, 09:43 PM

This is bad, but not as bad as the colony of fire ants that took up residence in a pathfinder that belonged to a friend of mine in Australia.

My suggestion is an oldie but a goodie. Get a Colt M1911A1. Load up with some sort of hollow points. Grab a good flashlight.

Remember, Mice charge unless you hit them right between the eyes.

Take a nap during the day. Then drink a bunch of lattes, and go sit in the car at night. When you hear the mouse scamper, SQUEEZE OFF A DOUBLE-TAP in that direction. Then turn on the flashight.

You may not hit the mouse, but at least you'll know where the holes are.....

Seriously, where are you parking this thing? Any chance you could park it else where? Get it fumigated? Buy a cat?

Or, do the talcum powder inside, and then do the car wash--make sure you get the underbody spray to see if there are any holes in the floor.

Old 06-01-2006, 10:28 PM
HCF Member

I would use traps not poisen...you don't want dead mice left in the car where you can't find them...that smells real bad. I've seen them come through the fire wall before by chewing through rubber gromets. I've had probably a dozen our so customer over the years have me try to get the smell out of their cars from mice. Seen them in head liners, seats, glove boxes, air cleaners, and they make one hell of a mess. I had to gut out the entire insides of some of the cars and even drop the headlines to get the smell out...and even after that some of them still stunk. Good luck!

Old 06-02-2006, 02:26 AM
HCF Member

i had the smell problem in my acclaim.. my civic smells like spilt milk from the oil that went everywhere... as for ur mousey prob... they only need 1/2 inch to climb threw sooo they could be gettin in anywhere.. if the mouse is visible at points in time.. lay out some glue traps... leave ur hood open once and put a few in there.. .and a few around the car..

Quick Reply: Mouse in car.