General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

My 96 EX Auto For A 97 DX Stick? should i

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well i really miss my cruise control for times when my foots just tired of holding the gas

other than that afew power options are fine and easily added besides the sunroof, which isnt that big of a deal IMO.

the ex is just a better vehicle IMO... if only it wasnt a automatic. LOL
if you like your options just look for a 5speed tranny and start piecing together the swap

Old 11-23-2008, 04:03 PM

IMO an EX is ten times better than a DX. In a car I like all of the luxury features.

Old 11-23-2008, 04:15 PM
HCF Member

This all breaks down to laziness. You dont want to manually crank a window? A sunroof? lol. I understand different strokes for different folks but really what needs to be asked in this thread has not. Does the poster want a car to build/make quick or does he want a cadillac? DX's are lighter, stiffer, and out of the gate with minor mods will display the same ability as far as how fast it is. Plus with his EX he is looking at atleast $500 to do a manual swap the correct way including all the interior trim panels and gauge cluster. Also do you guys really know how hard it is to find a Z6/Y8 manual transmission which is what should be swapped in when you are hard up for one? All I have seen is opinion based replies on why the EX is "better".

Old 11-23-2008, 04:24 PM

Well when you're driving on a toll road pulling up to a toll booth, it's a hell of a lot easier to push the button real quick and have the window roll down rather than roll down your window manually. Also, what if you want to roll down all the windows in the car? Then you gotta reach over while you're driving and attempt to roll down that window.

Also, EX has bigger brakes and in many cases has ABS.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well my dx does have ABS... its only a option.... just like AC...

main thing that i hate about my dx windows is because my drivers window regulator is kinda messed up so its a PITA most the time!!!!!! LOL
ive already got power lock latches for my dx... i mainly just have to instal them and wire them up myself... id like to add power windows also.... i just have to do my own full wiring... not a big problem for me tho.
only thing that i dont know how to add is cruise controls...... since thats pretty sophisticated system.... i wish my dx had that option!!!!!!

Old 11-23-2008, 10:04 PM
HCF Member
Default Update

Well i landed up doing it guys... its got a body kit on it right now, im hoping to get off soon but i am lovin the manual tranny and it has a nice shortshift in it and is lowered..

And Lowered WITH BODYKIT isnt good dips are absolutley horrible i gotta go around em but once i get the stock bumpers back on i will be happy i do miss my remote start and my wiring kit i had just put into my EX though dam it lol

Old 02-24-2009, 01:40 PM
HCF Member

i finally ordered my front bumper and grill the other day

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

and am trading my body kit for the side skirts and rear bumper it weill have all bumpers stock soon than just tail lights and paint and ill be good

Old 02-24-2009, 08:47 PM
HCF Member

dnt trade .....in the end both cars are pushing up miles i say save up maybe 2grand n u can do a nice b18 swap n get a 5spd trans n do a pedal conversion which isnt all to hard n your set think about it but your y8 will lastttt a long time so i say keep it

Old 02-24-2009, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by ef9101
dnt trade .....in the end both cars are pushing up miles i say save up maybe 2grand n u can do a nice b18 swap n get a 5spd trans n do a pedal conversion which isnt all to hard n your set think about it but your y8 will lastttt a long time so i say keep it
lol dude
read the whole thread
he traded it like 2 months ago

Old 02-25-2009, 05:21 AM
HCF Member

I'd hold out for an EX /w a stick. Got me thinking though; would I trade my 5 speed DX for an EX auto...never.

Quick Reply: My 96 EX Auto For A 97 DX Stick? should i