General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

My civic

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 04:41 AM
Default My civic

Hi all, just wanted to link you to my first pics. this is my 2000 civic SE, it is completely bone stock as of now. i will continue to add pictures as I add things.

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/phot...type=6&apage=1

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/phot...Type=6&apage=1

Old 12-30-2004, 04:44 AM
Default RE: My civic

now for my first question. in the engine picture, what is the box that is attatched to my air filter? the air filter is directly above the intake manifold correct? and then there is that black pipe which connects to another box on the left side of the compartment? what is that box for? can i remove it? i will be getting a performance intake ASAP but in the meantime would removing this box increase my airflow? please reply!

Old 01-01-2005, 12:37 AM

It's a resonator.

Old 01-01-2005, 12:54 AM

a resonator quiets the noise of the intake. if you take that out it will become significantly louder. I took mine out and it sounds awesome. I also drilled a few holes in the air box for a little more flow. IF YOU DO THIS, DRILL THE PART THAT COMES BEFORE THE BEFORE THE FILTER, NOT AFTER. If you drill hole in the part after the filter you will be getting unfiltered air in your engine and that is reeeeealy bad. good luck.

Old 01-01-2005, 11:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Super Mario

a resonator quiets the noise of the intake. if you take that out it will become significantly louder. I took mine out and it sounds awesome. I also drilled a few holes in the air box for a little more flow. IF YOU DO THIS, DRILL THE PART THAT COMES BEFORE THE BEFORE THE FILTER, NOT AFTER. If you drill hole in the part after the filter you will be getting unfiltered air in your engine and that is reeeeealy bad. good luck.
Thats so ghetto[sm=roll.gif]

Old 01-01-2005, 12:50 PM
HCF Member

hey it may only be a tenth of a horsepower, but its free.

Old 01-01-2005, 03:05 PM

hehe ok thats cool info ty. now somebody has told me that taking the resonator off might make the engine draw in warmer air, which actually decreases performance. perhaps ill just remove the box and leave the intake pipe.

as for the hole drilling, i agree that is ghetto, but not a bad idea. on that same note why not just remove the top lid of the filter box? and have the filter open faced to the air? im sure it would get dirty really quick but they only cost like 20 bucks anyway.

Old 01-01-2005, 05:11 PM

All right so it's getto, I don't have to spend 50-150 bucks on an intake for it and it sounds cool on top of that. I'm the kinda guy who likes to modify things to get more power instead of replace it and get it. It's not only cheaper, but you learn form it too. It also makes it kind of a sleeper. You hear it in the engine, but if I popped the hood you wouldn't see anything special. I'm sneaky like that.....

Old 01-17-2005, 01:57 AM
HCF Member

whatever gets the job done. plus you get to see what works before you spend all the money then when you got the cash to do it right you know already its not gonna be a waste
ORIGINAL: Super Mario

All right so it's getto, I don't have to spend 50-150 bucks on an intake for it and it sounds cool on top of that. I'm the kinda guy who likes to modify things to get more power instead of replace it and get it. It's not only cheaper, but you learn form it too. It also makes it kind of a sleeper. You hear it in the engine, but if I popped the hood you wouldn't see anything special. I'm sneaky like that.....

Old 01-19-2005, 08:23 PM

AEM CAI is nice. AEM is alittle ricey, but it does the job.